wipers won't stop

jettajunior

TDI
97 jetta TDI
I have a 03 jette gl and my wipers are always on for some reason. unplugged switch in column;no change.All other wiperfunctions work normal but motor is is slow speed when it should be off. removed wiper motor and plugged in new one; motor keeps going but with slight hesitation as if it is trying to park but then continues for another revolution.any ideas before I go nuts?:confused:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Sounds like a wire shorted to power. Start tracing the harness and find the chafe spot.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
I would check and clean the ground posts. Not sure where they would be on your '97.

jettajunior

TDI
97 jetta TDI
03 tdi wiper update.tried new motor and same thing.also should note ac stopped working around the same time if there related somehow.removed relay under dash(#377) as it was clicking when wipers hesitate in between strokes.took relay apart and found a burnt contactor on one coil. if I hold this contactor away the wipers stop. hope this helps you guys help me.

eszut

TDI
Golf 2000 Blk
Make sure your wipers are going all the way down into the park position when you are in the “off” switch position should be down below the window tint. If not grab them on the m on the
down wipe an push it towards the park position see if they stop wiping

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
If the above doesn't help there's a green / black wire from the motor to the relay.
Inside the wiper it connects to the park switch.
The other side of the switch is the ground. It may ground to the housing.

The motor ground is separate from this.

Last, check fuses 1, 24, and 27 for power on both sides with the key on.

eszut

TDI
Golf 2000 Blk
I pulled apart relay 377 (youtube) for instructions cleaned the contacts jewlers file and contact cleaner and it solved my issue.