Looking for P/N’s

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Hi all , I’m looking for the p/n for the very front of the rocker panels on the MK IV golf and on the MKIV new beetles. It’s the front piece that always rots out if you don’t clean out your wheel well.
I’ve seen it somewhere but cannot find it.

Thanks

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
On the G/J, that piece is part of the entire side section of the body. The part number for a Jetta sedan is 1J5-809-605-N (you can do a google image search to see what I am talking about).

On the NB, it is the side section PLUS they also have the little bump out part (mimics the running boards of the original Beetle) that is a separate piece, as well as a rib support. There are several versions as those changed during the NB's run.

Oddly enough, the Jetta side panel is cheap (usually less than $200). The Golf is much more, closer to $500. However, in either case, you could probably just surgically cut off whatever part you need and scrap the rest. And I assume that for the front section, the Golf could use the Jetta part since it *should* be the same, but....

Last edited: