So maybe im going mad

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Sure, if there was a lot of water. The filter also acts as a water seperator. Open the drain on it, see if any water comes out. Easy to rule out.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
As said before, check the quick connects and you're most likely looking at loosing prime. Resealing the pump is sounding more likely here.
I would run a clear line on the return from the pump so you can see it. Even temporarily and replace the black line once you know there's no leaks letting air in.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Tdifridays

TDI
03' volkswagen jetta tdi 181k
As said before, check the quick connects and you're most likely looking at loosing prime. Resealing the pump is sounding more likely here.
I would run a clear line on the return from the pump so you can see it. Even temporarily and replace the black line once you know there's no leaks letting air in.

Stupid question here are the quick connect lines the ones before the filter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Follow the Robert lines after the filter and the to plastic pieces at the end are the quick connects to the metal lines.

Tdifridays

TDI
Sure, if there was a lot of water. The filter also acts as a water seperator. Open the drain on it, see if any water comes out. Easy to rule out.
So i unscrewed the bottom maybe i did something wrong but a sufficient amount came out

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
A sufficient amount of water came out? Or fuel?
The fuel will float on the water. I would expect it to hydrolock if you get water in the engine.
Water is not compressible and the engine will lock up because they're high compression and cannot computer the water in the compression stroke.

Tdifridays

TDI
Just fuel came out then the quick connects look fine so far and the injection pump look like its been worked on
Could it be the when i changed the fuel filter i didnt use a vacuum pump

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Shouldn't be, if it started after and ran the air was bled out.
If it started when the filter was changed then it's either the hoses, or the orings/thermal t.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
A sufficient amount of water came out? Or fuel?
The fuel will float on the water. I would expect it to hydrolock if you get water in the engine.
Water is not compressible and the engine will lock up because they're high compression and cannot computer the water in the compression stroke.
?
Neither fuel or water being fluids are compressible and both can pass through the IP.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Shouldn't be, if it started after and ran the air was bled out.
If it started when the filter was changed then it's either the hoses, or the orings/thermal t.

I've heard that it you've got a hot engine and you get some water past, the water will flash to steam and blow the nozzle off the injector.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tdifridays

TDI
Up date i filled the injecter hose with diesel and i filled my filter to and started right up