Boiling noise

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Alright I've got an interesting one, I've heard it a couple times after driving for little as 25 minutes through city traffic. The odd thing can only hear it for a couple seconds after shutting it off and is only heard to the left side of the steering wheel closer to bottom of the dashboard (not where the reservoir is located and from what I can tell no other cooling/plumbing is on that side). Anyone have this issue before?

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
The SCR system does it's purge at shutoff... The pump is like a plunger and it makes weird noises I suppose that could sound like gurgling.

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Hmm that would could be it and why it's more noticeable on the drivers side lower cabin because I believe it's right there if I'm not mistaken

Dieseline

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI - sold at 350k,2009 TDI -sold back to VW 9/29/17 225k, 2015 TDI SE
Sounds like you either have air in your cooling system or your heater core is starting to clog. And you hear it because the core lines run below the column, against the firewall above the pedals. My professional opinion would be the heater core is starting to clog. That's a typical noise for cars with partially clogged cores.

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Would this cause a burning smell as well when the heat is running? After the heat has been running for a couple of minutes there is a smell that is very similar to when brake pads/caliber get really hot and overworked or if the caliber gets stuck and starts to wear the pads.