AC Pressure switch location?

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Hi guys have a 2014 jetta tdi. The AC is intermittent but when it blows it blows cold. Where is the AC pressure switch located so I can try jumping it? Other than that open to any other troubleshooting ideas. Thanks!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Not a switch, it is a sensor, and you need to watch the compressor load commanded state in the Climatronic/Climatic (whichever your car has) to see the pressure and see if it changes when commanded.

Most likely the RCV in the compressor is just bad (common).

Don't try jumping anything, or you can fry things. It isn't 1985 anymore. ;)

I would also verify BOTH fans work, but if the refrigerant pressure never gets high enough, the fans won't come on anyway. However you will notice the fans running during and after a DPF regen on your car.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
This is the same as the solenoid on the compressor? Assuming you are referring to RCV ro the control valve? Aw no more jump testing or hot wiring these guys. I was born 75 years too late. Any way to test the valve Oilhammer?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
This is the same as the solenoid on the compressor? Assuming you are referring to RCV ro the control valve? Aw no more jump testing or hot wiring these guys. I was born 75 years too late. Any way to test the valve Oilhammer?
Yes, see post #2. Of course, watching data in the Climate module is only useful if the system is for sure charged, but refrigerant leaks are pretty rare on these cars. RCVs, on the other hand, are VERY common.