***MkVI Jetta Sedan Specific DIY/FAQ/HOW-TOs Smorgasbord***

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6MT, 2004 Jetta TDI GLS (sold)
I've been slowly bookmarking threads over the past two years of owning my MKVI Jetta Sedan. I'm pretty forgetful and got sick of searching for threads over and over. Surprisingly, there still isn't a real FAQ thread specific to the MKVI Jetta Sedan.

So here are all the links that I've been hoarding in a spreadsheet.

Disclaimers:
1. I wanted links to be as specific to the Jetta Sedan as possible, in some cases there are links that are for other platforms, but still apply.
2. I tried to use TDIClub links as much possible.
3. None of these are in any sort of order.
4. Some of the links are pretty old, if you have better ones please let me know.

Basic Info for TDI Newbies
How To Search TDIClub
How to Post Pictures
VCDS/VAG-COM User List
TDI Guru List By State

General Info for MKVI Jetta Sedan
2011-2015 MKVI Jetta Sedan Info
VW's CR (Common Rail) Self Study Guide (OEM Info On Your Engine) - This link is actually pretty interesting...
CR Injector Info
Used MKVI Jetta Buying Guide (What to Look For) - Don't think I've seen one of these yet...
My Glow Plug Light is Flashing, What does it mean?
How To Reset Your MFD Service Icon (Wrench)
Reset TMPS Icon - For the record, not a true TPMS sensor, actually just uses ABS sensors to detect tire pressure
All MKVI Fuse Diagram - Updated thanks to "CDN TDI", Please Notify if yours is different
1,000 Miles on a Tank

Major Known Issues
Winter Icing - Hard Start - Water in Intercooler - etc
HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump) Failure FAQ
Jerky DSG
Turbo Failures - No specific link yet
Cracked DPF - Also no good link yet

Last edited:

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Dictionary!
6MT = 6 Speed Manual Transmission
DSG = Direct-Shift Transmission
CEL = Check Engine Light
CR = Common Rail, fuel injection style of the MK5/6 engine
DPF = Diesel Particulate Filter, an ash filter in the exhaust
EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation, an engine emissions device
HPFP = High Pressure Fuel Pump, the MK6 has 3 fuel pumps, the HPFP being the last before the injectors
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion
IRS = Independent Rear Suspension
PD = Pumpe Duese (Another name for engine type in MKIV BEW Jetta/Golfs)
PM = Private Message, check your messages!
TDI = Turbocharged Direct Injection
VCDS or VAGCOM = Product sold by RossTech for interfacing with VW ECU's through OBDII
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary, easy way of adding a disclaimer to a statement

Here is some topics I could use some help with!

Help with Fuse Diagrams - The most current known fuse diagram for MK6 Jetta TDI is linked, however I'm not convinced it is the same for all trim levels and DSG, please compare to your car and let me know if you see discrepancies. Its criminal that there isn't a fuse diagram from VW.
Used Car Buying List
Advance TDI Member Maintenance Intervals - Engine Specific, DPF, intake flapper, suspension refresh, engine mounts, oil pump, turbo inspection, fuel pumps, etc....
DSG Service How To Link

Turbo Failures - Lots of threads about failures, but nothing really summarizing it... Specifically talking about regens/high EGTs being the likely cause

Anyways, what am I missing? I know there is a ton more good stuff buried in the archives!!!

Last edited:

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
Here is a drive link to the fuse panel.. should be for the 2011 version.

Link removed, google drive sux.

And, I notice you have this in there already.

Great list though. I have it bookmarked and ready for when i mess something up. much better than the 400 others i have scattered all over.

Last edited:

Victor Ward

TDI
2013 Jetta 6MT
Can we "sticky" this?

Awesome info here, thanks to putting it all together.

Last edited:

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
No Problemo! And thanks for all the kind words. Just trying to do my part to give back to such a wonderful community. I don't know how I would have gotten through my timing belt break on my '04 back in 2010 as well as stripping out its 5th gear, without Fred's. :)

So some other ideas I was thinking of.. I think the last post up there, I am going to make a short FAQ section, as well as a definitions section. A lot of acronyms are thrown around on here and it can be a little overwhelming for new people. Also, any new threads or updates, I will call out respectively.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
There was a thread a while back I'm looking for now, maybe you guys can help. Issues people have had with their keyless entry and start not working. I seem to remember one of them showing something you can reset to make it work better....

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Found it... I actually started it :O There wasn't a lot of actual how-to in it, just things to try, mainly changing the fob battery. Which I did last night... and it worked.

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
This is a link to info about the Electromechanical steering rack

link gone, sorry google drive sucks.

Last edited:

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
I lifted this from the fluids & Lube forum, Mileage may vary, My local NAPA would only order the DSG fluid in a 12 liter case. And they said they could not find the Engine oil. I did not ask for prices.

Forgive me if this is already mentioned or common knowledge, but NAPA now carries Lubro Moly and Pentosin.
Part numbers, you say? :)
Lubro Moly Top Tec 4200 (505.00/507.00) = LM3707
Pentosin FFL-2 (DSG fluid) = G 052 182 A2
The problem is that they don't have it in stock at most of them - usually only in much larger cities than Tulsa. But they can order it and have it in a couple weeks.
So if you have patience, you can now pick up 507.00 oil at NAPA, Pep Boys (Mobil 1 ESP), and the dealer. Always in stock at Pep Boys FWIW.

Last edited:

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks! I am working on a "Where to Buy" but it's a slippery slope and I don't want to show favoritism to vendor's. Also the list would be long for certain items. I need to ask a mod for clarification.

But I did find the dealer to be the cheapest on getting oil and always in stock, surprisingly. But overpriced on filters. Pep Boys was a good bit more, but also had Mobil in stock. I found on my most recent oil change kit the trusted online vendor's to have the best total package price overall.

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks, I've got that linked under maintenance for the filter change. I assumed people would catch that while doing research. But it is good to call it out separately since it is an easy mistake.

1001 lb-ft

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
I would like to extend my appreciation for the time you put into compiling this information. Extremely helpful.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
software fix for P2463 and P2458 for 2015 MY

see: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=469809

seems there is a TSB out that advises a software update is needed for the fault codes below

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/2015_DPF_TSB.pdf

TSB above addresses DPF problems on 2015 TDIs which need a software update.
Fault Code Fault Description

P2463 Diesel Particulate Filter Soot Accumulation
P2458 Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Duration

Note:​
DO NOT diagnose or replace components due to DPF faults before performing the update function as explained​
in this bulletin.​

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Does anyone know if the oil change interval changed from 10K on the 2015 EA288?

TIA,
Tony