Two Jetta ALHs for Sale in WV/MD area

ccs32

Veteran Member
TDI
blue '02 Jetta
My wife and I have decided that it is finally time to let these beasts go. Both have intact EGRs and are not in immediate need for a TB. Titles in hand and both registered to WV state. Black is upto date and inspected. Blue (sold) inspection expired and I haven't driven it in a while. Both cars are/were used for highway driving 90mile per day commutes on 70 and 81 with cruising speeds of 75-85 mph. Both have fantastic MPG. Shell Rotella T6 5 or 0W-40 every 5-10K since I've had them. The Black Jetta will be in Frederick, MD during the week through the end of December except for holidays.

The Black One - Ready To Go for another 150K miles - The real deal (asking $5,000 OBO)

I have a Black/Black 2003 Jetta ALH, 5-speed, leather, moon roof, stock engine, no tune, panzer plate, 151XXX miles. Tires and brakes are fine. Slightly sagging headliner, small scratches in the paint here and there, an unstitched portion on the bottom seat of the rear passenger, but no gaping holes of rust death. Solid rockers and fenders. 20K on a high-mileage timing belt kit including water pump and all rollers. Surprisingly quick for the stock engine. I have no troubles with small mountain driving and I usually cruise around 75-85 mph and get 670+ miles per tank. The following images were taken of the unwashed/detailed black Jetta in my work parking lot - this is what it actually looks like.

The Blue One - SOLD SOLD Needs some lovin' ($1,500 - OBO)

The other is a beater Galactic blue/tan 2002 Jetta ALH (260K miles) with moon roof and a lot of added items including: oldnavy ccv, audi TT short shifter, STR.T shocks, panzer plate, dieselgeek oil bypass filter, PP520 nozzles, VNT17, SBC Endurance clutch (2018 I believe), Kerma tune, leather interior (Recaro aftermarket front seats), Long Beach wheels with locks (treads are maybe 10% left...), a tall fifth gear in the 5-speed (that is a little notchy), newly replaced control arms and needs to be aligned. The car does have some rocker rust and fender rust. Driver side fender was replaced due to the insulation foam issue. I removed the sagging headliner and all that remains is the foam. The drivers side window is un-clipped and occasionally slips around and the passenger front window motor is stripped. Downpipe was replaced a couple of years ago and is in great shape. Frozen glowplug extraction was unsuccessful and either extraction needs to happen, heads needs to be replaced, or just deal with no prewarming on the cold days. The car does have a frost heater.

*More images available upon request.

Both cars have modernized stereos and naturally have issues given the ages of the vehicles. The black jetta is ready to drive across the country while the blue jetta needs some TLC. My dream was to swap the mods from the Blue to Black jetta, but I have run out of time to tinker.

Looking to get 6.5K for both (more for the black and less for the blue). Willing to separate and will consider piecing out the Blue Jetta.

Feel free to text Carter at nine-o-four 2-5-2-1638 and include Black one, Blue one, or both ones in the message. I can text some pictures right away, but will get some high definition images up by Sunday.

Cheers and happy motoring!

Last edited:

FordTech2004

TDI
2002 Golf
I will say I've seen pictures of the Black one and it's a nice looking car. Someone is going to get a nice TDI. If I had the spare cash it would already be mine.