Official Registration Thread for TDIFest 2012

08jetvette

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Any sight seeing stops planned on your 1200 mile drive up to Michigan? If so, start a thread in the Road Trips forum! :cool:
St Louis seems to be the halfway spot. Probably overnight there. I'm thinking Nashville might be the stop on the way home.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
St Louis seems to be the halfway spot. Probably overnight there. I'm thinking Nashville might be the stop on the way home.
Nashville can be a fun city. If you have time, I suggest checking out the Gaylord Opryland hotel, not to really stay in, but their indoor gardens are amazing. I have not been since the update from the flood though so I am speaking from past experience.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I posted in your roadtrip thread. I can give you insight and info on anything between Memphis & Nashville.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Nashville can be a fun city. If you have time, I suggest checking out the Gaylord Opryland hotel, not to really stay in, but their indoor gardens are amazing. I have not been since the update from the flood though so I am speaking from past experience.
The gardens and indoor river would be a nice stop to just see. Might want to take out a loan to stay there lol. Could go over to Cooter's Place after the gardens and look at the General Lee and Daisy's Jeep.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I did this on my way across the country. I stayed at a local (cheaper) motel and ate dinner at the steak house in the Opryland Hotel. it was great beef! and the hotel is gorgeous!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Reminder...

Just a friendly reminder that Fest registration is one per person.

If you have two registrations with different shirt sizes, add them individually rather than selecting a quantity of 2. :)

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Lisa (g/f) and I are registered! :cool:

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Just a quick update, fest registration is still open, and we are about one month off from our next cutoff date of August 8th.

Numbers are looking good but we could always use more participants. If you know that you are going to be attending, we ask that you sign up earlier than later. It helps us plan our cash flow for our required deposits.

Also, there is a limit on the number of driving spots available at the Pizza Party Event. We currently have only twenty spots remaining for drivers. If you are considering racing your fellow forum mates, please sign up before all the spots are gone.

We have made contact with several vendors and should be able to start a list of the vendors that will be attending shortly, keep an eye out.

bibendum

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta tdi
While I cannot make it, I do want to share, the henry Ford is worth the trip by itself. Really a fantastic place. Also, if your like the zoo, the Detroit zoo, in royal oak is a fantastic place.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
We are quickly approaching our next deadline. On August 8th, or in two weeks, the registration rate will be increasing to $60.00.

If you think you will be attending we encourage you to sign up now!

We are in the process of finalizing the agenda and adding some great speaker sessions. Vendors are also starting to express their interest in participating and have donated some great items to day.

Th is shaping up to be a very exciting fest!

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Only one week left until the registration goes up by another $5. But more importantly the hotel block expires as well. This means the hotel rate will most likely go up AND they will not be able to guarantee a room will be available.

Don't let this deadline slip by, this is a major one!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
There are a few rooms left at the Eagle Crest at the regular rate ($139/night non-refundable pay now or $149/night refundable pay when you check out). If you're interested in doing this, even if it's just for one night, you should do it now.

We will have the overflow hotel information listed tomorrow. It will likely be the Courtyard Marriott in Ann Arbor, which is an awesome location, freshly renovated and the little sister to the Eagle Crest.

If you just want to come walk through the parking lot on Sunday to see the Show & Shine, you do not need to register. If you want to participate in any other activities including the tech sessions, meals, pizza party and go karting, or anything else, you will need to register.

Last edited:

srt-kapp

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI & 03' Jetta TDI
So all the hotel rooms are booked... can I just show Sunday for the the show n shine? or do I have to register even if I'm only attending the one event.

I'm in the same boat as you MK3TdiTim, I waited to long to register and now i don"t want to pay $60 just for the car show. Hopefully they will just let us drive our cars in since there tdi's

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
If you aren't registered, you cannot participate in the events (aka, you cannot show your car or park in the reserved lot) if you want to show up and spectate at the car show, we cannot stop you or any of the other guests at the hotel, but the tech sessions are for registered guests only and we do check nametags at the door.

The whole purpose of Fest is to support TDIClub.com and to pay for the servers d bandwidth useage that we all are freely given. Don't think about the $60 as a cost to show your car or participate in the tech sessions, think of the $60 as a donation to TDIClub, and think of Fest as a Live action version of some of the BEST threads on this forum that we ALL enjoy and use most every day.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
We're in.

Bringing an "off-road" 10' CR wagon with "special exhaust work" for a RC reflash.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Good news!

Our host hotel - the Eagle Crest - has added 3 more rooms to our block for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Use the group code "TCOTCOA" to take advantage of this offer. The rate will be $99/night for these remaining rooms! Don't delay - they won't last long!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Free t-shirt deadline is Tuesday, August 14th! I'm placing shirt orders on Wednesday the 15th. :)

Every Fest registration between now and then receives a free TDIFest 2012 T-Shirt.

Light gray shirts are included in the order (with a tweak from what you see in this picture). Black shirts are "additional t-shirts" purchased on the registration site (same August 14th deadline applies). There will also be a limited number of black shirts available for sale on site.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thanks on the design.

Available for sale on site will be three S, four M, fifteen L, fifteen XL, fifteen 2XL, two 3XL, one 4XL and one 5XL. First come, first served. Registration suite opens at 5pm on Friday.

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
I would love to come and support the Fest, but I'm not sure I can make it. I may be able to stop by on Sunday however (the last day.) I was wondering if there is a final deadline for registering online. If there is an early deadline and I'm still unsure, would I be able to register at the gate on the last day? My main purpose besides seeing the amazing setup would be to get tuned.

Thanks Dan

Last edited:

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I would love to come and support the Fest, but I'm not sure I can make it. I may be able to stop by on Sunday however (the last day.) I was wondering if there is a final deadline for registering online. If there is an early deadline and I'm still unsure, would I be able to register at the gate on the last day? My main purpose besides seeing the amazing setup would be to get tuned.

Thanks Dan
Dan,

On-site registrations are possible. Come on out if you get a chance, we look forward to seeing everyone there!