billet lightweight crank/ps pulley combo for the AAZ, AHU, and 1Z engines

alexi

TDI
1998 golf soon to be TDI
I got a link to this, They are looking to sell these. I'm interested, what do you guy's think?

http://www.GruvenParts.com is in the process of releasing a billet lightweight crank/ps pulley combo for the AAZ, AHU, and 1Z engines (93-99 Golf, Jetta, Passat TDI).Please note : this WILL NOT be an under-drive pulley. It will be stock diameter.
The pulley will look very similar to our ABA lightweight crank pulley and come complete with new grade 10.9 bolts for a perfect installation.
The billet pulley will be made from lightweight aircraft grade aluminum and will reduce the OEM weight by 2.5 lbs at the crank alone

We have built many pulleys for the other VW/Audi vehicles and wanted to jump in on the TDI action. Stay tuned for more TDI lovin.
Please let us know if you are interested in buying this part. If we can generate enough pre-orders we can get the price down in the $150 range.

NOTE: I am not selling these, I just wanted to hear opinions on this.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Not only no but He11 no!

The TDI is not an engine known to suffer from a lack of torque like the gassers are. Lower mass only benefits engines that are low on torque and rev to rpms north of 6,000.

Waste of money, even a lightweight flywheel is a waste on a TDI.

DB

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
But damn I like my 4kg smf, response is so nice, unfortunatly the shatter is also quite loud:D

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I'd be interested in an underdrive (but not lightened) pulley for the ALH's - 10% or so? I checked their site but didn't find anything. They've got a larger power steering pulley - not sure if it's for TDI's (ALH's) though.

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
old post i know but.....has anyone fitted lightweight pulleys to their TDI with success/failure?