Anybody heard of Speed Tuning?

JERMS

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI auto *sold*, 2012 Jetta SE 5spd w/convenience&sunroof
I originally found them on ebay. They're local to me and specialize in german cars and they have good prices on their chips and tuning boxes. According to their website they are based in Austria and have been around since '96. Anybody have any experience with them or even heard of them? I don't want to put my car in the hands of inexperienced or faulty tuners.

EDIT: Forgot the website... http://www.speedtuningusa.com/

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have had a couple customers with ALH cars that have SpeedtuningUSA chips in them. Work OK, not the greatest for driveability but this was a while ago.

JERMS

Veteran Member
TDI

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Mr. Jerms, a brief summary would be as follows: Some peoples' programming is more complete than others ;)

JERMS

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok.. So what does that translate into in real world terms?

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
most people here consider Jeff from rocket chip to be the most competent chip tuner available

I just leave my opinion as that, other exist but Jeff has the best reputation

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The ones that I drove seemed very similar to some earlier Upsolute programs, which meant the power was either on or off...not very linear. And seemed kinda smokey to me.

But this was a while ago, do not assume that everything has remained the same based on what a 2001 model car was like in 2003.

I like the RC programs better myself from a driveability standpoint. But on an ALH my first mod would be bigger nozzles with stock programming (just one step up nozzles, not anything crazy).

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
JERMS said:
I originally found them on ebay. They're local to me and specialize in german cars and they have good prices on their chips and tuning boxes. According to their website they are based in Austria and have been around since '96. Anybody have any experience with them or even heard of them? I don't want to put my car in the hands of inexperienced or faulty tuners.

EDIT: Forgot the website... http://www.speedtuningusa.com/
I am located in Austria, and i never heard of them before....

Greets, Alex

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!! I had one of these in my car, the guy is in Maryland and I was able to go to his place of business(small trailer that was messy and filthy) His name is Oliver, and he has a great German accent but is actually from Austria. Jeff from rocket chip trained him, and let him go as he was sloppy. I dont want to start a war over tuners, but I have a rocket chip. RC is local to me, if I lived further west I may have used Alligator, but wanted local service. From countless hours of reading the forums on Freds I would ONLY use one of these tuners. So back to the SPEEDTUNING I went to a GTG and had Jeff look at my car and the internal maps inside the computer and what should have been done was not. I paid a second time to have the rocketchip installed and WOW! what a difference. Better mileage, much, much more power and no cel's. If you want to pay twice, get speedtuning, if ya want to pay once for a quality product and a very, very knowlageable tuner use RC or alligator.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
oilhammer said:
The ones that I drove seemed very similar to some earlier Upsolute programs, which meant the power was either on or off...not very linear. And seemed kinda smokey to me.
oilhammer said:
But this was a while ago, do not assume that everything has remained the same based on what a 2001 model car was like in 2003.

I like the RC programs better myself from a driveability standpoint. But on an ALH my first mod would be bigger nozzles with stock programming (just one step up nozzles, not anything crazy).
Good reason for that can you guess where he gets is tunings?. I know he told me he could do a better ship then my Upsolute and all the ones we tried were crap and he would not put mine back in . I know other chip tuners that have said the chips are knock off. I know he said money back if he were not better but in 6 years I have yet to see my refund. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
haha, I actually have a spare ECU that's done by speedtuning... I haven't driven the car with that ecu yet so I can't compare.. I have RC3 in my regular ECU.. I'll try swapping to see the difference.. I know someone with a 98 beetle that was speetuned.. it was twitchy to drive and had slowdown shudder no matter where the IQ was..