6MT noise; what's normal and what's not?

Koloss

TDI
2015 GSW 6MT
I've got a 2015 GSW TDI 6MT that I've been driving for a little over half a year now. I bought it as a CPO vehicle from a dealer, so I've got two years bumper to bumper and the whole dieselgate warranty, too. Its now got 71.5k miles on it.

I've noticed the car has a "whirring" type noise when I'm accelerating in gear. It's 100% in the transmission area; it's not an engine or exhaust noise. Noise goes away with clutch in or if I'm in neutral. No noise when I press the clutch either. To me, all of this tells me that the input shaft bearing is going bad.

My concern comes with these facts: It's my first diesel, it's winter in Minnesota, and I've installed the ECS rear engine mount insert, the euro-spec VW short-shifter, and the ECS solid shifter bushings.

Could the cold - combined with increased NVH from the diesel + engine mount insert - cause a noise like this to occur? If not, has anyone had VW try to deny warranty fixes over something "as small" as the engine mount insert and shifter modifications? Taking the insert out would be easy enough but I'd rather not have to screw around with that shifter again.

louiekaps

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
My experience with any sort of engine/transmission mount modifications is that they transmit noise that you wouldn’t normally hear.

The shifter likely has nothing to do with it. But the dog bone insert probably does.