www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old October 1st, 2019, 00:38   #1
Filip74321

Default Hessitation and running on 3 cylinders

Hi all,
First time posting here.
I seem to have an odd problem, i have searched the forums, but can't seem to get a solution to this problem. The vehicle in question is a 2005 VW Caddy 1.9 TDI. The car works perfectly, idles normally, but as soon as You press full throttle(over 2500rpm, and mostly in 3. Gear), it starts juddering, shaking, and sometimes beggins running on three cylinders after that. I have put some würth diesel system cleaner, but that changed nothing... So i also went and replaced the fuel filter yesterday(was completly black), the car runs a little better , but the issue is still there, the car doesn't smoke that much, only under that hard acceleration i get a burst of black smoke, which i suppose is normal. Also, forgot to say, i got a check engine the day before i took it to a mechanic, "abgas werkstatt"(emmision workshop). Any help is aprrecieted, i am really hopping that the injectors are fine.
Filip74321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2019, 08:30   #2
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

OBD works. Start there. You know the MIL is on, what DTC(s) are stored?
Old October 1st, 2019, 08:44   #3
Filip74321

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Sorry, i completely forgot to mention that the next morning, the check engine went away and hasn't appeared since. But i am still stuck with the problem. To be honest, i am just bothered by the fact that it could get worse, since it currently doesn't impact my daily commute at all, i rarely push the car above 1500, 2000 rpm, could it possibly be a clogged intake manifold? Or a clogged cat?
Old October 1st, 2019, 08:46   #4
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Quote:
We can guess all day.... OBD is there for a reason, and it works. Embrace it. Find out what the DTC is.
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:05   #5
Filip74321

Quote:
We can guess all day.... OBD is there for a reason, and it works. Embrace it. Find out what the DTC is.
Hahah, thanks.
I will take it to the dealer as soon as possible then, to check for codes, and hopefully have this sorted out. This is btw my first Volkswagen, and the car has served me amazingly since i bought it, this is the only issue i have to report so far, it has covered 250.000km, which i suppose isn't to much for these engines. Thank You once again for the quick response, and i will post an update about the problem.