2014 tdi wagen engine hunting/uncorrelated engine rpm for throttle position

Bleu62

TDI
2014 wagon
I just bought a 2014 Jetta sportwagen w 44,000 miles. I’ve had no issues for about 3,000 miles until I was on a 425 mile one way trip. 2 days ago I thought I had a flat bc the car was shaking and when I slowed and exited I noticed the vibrations weren’t slowing with the vehicles speed. Once I came to a stop at the top of the ramp I saw my rpm go from around 1800 rpm to 2600 rpm a few times while stopped. When I pulled into a parking spot and turned the key off the motor took about 20 additional seconds to fully stop. Is this a fluke? I’m not sure what could have caused this. My coolant temps were normal, the EGT was 710( I had my Bluetec running) and there were no maintenance lights.
Today after a 20 minute drive the car started shaking again and took about 15 seconds to spool down after turning her off. What is going on? Again no lights normal temps

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Wow.... do you have VCDS? Or know anyone who have it nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleu62

TDI
2014 wagon
Looks like I going to have to take the car in to the dealership. I’m not a dealership hater I just don’t live close to a vw dealership. I can’t seem to narrow the vibration/strange rpm down. It happened again today and I revved the engine and got a normal response but it almost sounded like it was a cooling/ ac fan. I’m not sure what’s going on. No one else has had this?

Bleu62

TDI
2014 wagon
I just got a code p0401. Egr insufficient flow. What is the fix? Do I have to replace the egr?

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Fault code is unrelated to your issue. Sounds like your turbo let go. Don't try to start it again. Check the dipstick to see if the oil level is low.

ss_mini14

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
My guess is the turbo. It sounds like the engine started running away on oil from the turbo shaft