New lubricity additive on the market...

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The testing reports look good. Down around 250 or less for the ASTM D6079 testing. At two ounces per tank, it is about $1.80 per 15 gallon tank or .12 cents per gallon more. I may try it though just because I have tested most others. The high lubricity/low wear sounds good. Even non treated fuel tested very well. Pump fuel too.

Last edited:

biodieselboy

TDI
2014 Golf TDI, 2003 Golf TDI
I bought a gal of of it. Why not? Looking forward to running this along with propel diesel HPR.

I would like to see testing results when using this with something like diesel kleen...

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I am sure not buying a gallon, maybe the 16 oz bottle. I have additives still in the garage from earlier trials I did. Can't even give them away it seems. Tried to and no one would actually show up to get them. When I remember I use one just to reduce the stock.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
It looks like pretty concentrated stuff. Dosing is only 1 oz per 10 gallons of fuel. You are gonna need small or special containers to add only 1 - 1.5 ounces per tank of diesel. This is the biggest downside that I see.

Have Fun!

Don

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
250 Wear scar diameter at 60°C - ASTM D6079

The testing reports look good. Down around 250 or less for the ASTM D6079 testing. At two ounces per tank, it is about $1.80 per 15 gallon tank or .12 cents per gallon more. I may try it though just because I have tested most others. The high lubricity/low wear sounds good. Even non treated fuel tested very well. Pump fuel too.
I agree that the results look good, specially on un-additized D2. It looks like 2 oz is getting you the most bang for the money in a typical TDI fill up (let's say around 16 gallons).

Thanks for posting the results biodieselboy.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Ordered a 16 oz bottle from Amazon.smile so my purchase would add to the donation scheme they have set up there. Same price as their online. $4.75 shipping on Amazon. I will try it out. 2 oz per tank should put it under 200 wear scar.

Last edited:

biodieselboy

TDI
Just received it in the mail today.

For those who are curious, it doesn't smell too bad - nothing like the rancid horse urine that is "Schaeffer's Diesel Treat 2000".

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Mine came in the US mail today. Heavily marked "Liquid" and "This side up". Guess how it was sat on my porch? Correct, laid over on its side. Makes you wonder about people sometimes. Fortunately it seemed to be sealed good and intact. I will try some in the car this evening as I just filled up.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Just added 2 ounces and a one shot Stanadyne Performance bottle I have leftovers on. I couldn't give the stuff away on CL so I guess I will just go ahead and use it up.

biodieselboy

TDI
Glad it didn't all spill out of the box. Ahhhhh, humans...

I'm surprised you couldn't give that stuff away! I would've driven right over and taken it off your hands. Not what I normally use, but I see no reason to pass up free fuel additives to experiment with.

Anyways, let me know how it works out for you. I added 2 oz + a splash of Diesel Kleen when I last filled up with HPR. I've no idea if this is completely my imagination, but it seems as though my injectors are operating a bit quieter on the Mk6. If that is true, then the CP4 is much better off with this additive in the system.

The real test is on the Mk4, because the injectors are worn and making all kinds of wonderful clanking noises. If it quiets those down at all, I'll be impressed.

Last edited:

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf, 2000 F-250 (7.3)
Been using it for a while. Only thing I noticed was regens slowed down back to once a week. Not proven, empirical only. Heavy foot might be factor here also, aka Italian tune up.

Didn't do a thing for #8 in the F250, still clatters like cheap fuel

Tech20

TDI
2015 Jetta SE 6M
Hotshot's Secret sent me a copy of the SDS. With such great wear scar numbers, it will be a part of my additive blend once I burn through my current batch. I'm not sure how to insert images but I can email the pdf if anyone is interested until they post it on their site.

Tall Oil Fatty Acid / Identifier CAS# 61790-12-3 / 55-75%*
Trade Secret / Trade Secret / 25-45%*
* - The exact percentage(Concentration) and identity composition has been withheld as a trade secret

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
PDF files can be uploaded to our picture server here and a link to them posted in the thread. See my signature for how to post pics after you upload to the server.