Additional Restitution

johtdi

TDI
Jetta
Has anyone received this after their appointment, supposed to be reviewing all claims and letting us know if this is happening with no end date.

No way to check if previous owners claimed or not, may have to file a lawsuit end of the year on this.

Please let us know if you get a notice one way or the other.

Thanks

Zawurah

Veteran Member
TDI
I sent a letter to the claims review committee, asking this exact question. The car I asked about, I have not filed a claim yet. I sent the letter way back in September 2018, and I have no answer from them. In fact, they have not even confirmed they received the letter, even though I sent it with delivery confirmation.

VW is dragging out the clock, hoping people will just go away.

Unethical, sleezy.

jjtdi09

TDI
09 TDI
vw restiution

called hotline, no idea, couldnt speak to supervisor or team lead none available, they will stretch this out as long as possible, did anyone see a date they needed to complete reviews on this to advise all who will or will not get any restitution. Sounds like another lawsuit, i doubt all are not eligible who didnt get it.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
called hotline, no idea, couldnt speak to supervisor or team lead none available, they will stretch this out as long as possible, did anyone see a date they needed to complete reviews on this to advise all who will or will not get any restitution. Sounds like another lawsuit, i doubt all are not eligible who didnt get it.
Same thing here, no way to reach out to them and no restitution

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I believe I read this in some contact at the time when they did attempt not to pay anything to anyone who had anything with Salvaged Title , he Judge told them that even though they payed out the full restitution to some owners they still have to pay the half to us or other (current owners ) ,the program ends indefinitely by end of the February when they finish all the Appeals and approvals if any are returned . If they don't do anything than , we should try to contact and send some emails to the Ankura independent reporting guys or if nothing else this will make a new class action lawsuit .

single94

TDI
2012 passat tdi
denial

Got a letter that it was denied but no explanation as to where the funds went.

Here is what it will look like, interesting to find out how they explain it or if anyone gets money after the fact.

We write to notify you of the decision on your appeal to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed “Neutral,” who is called upon to resolve any disagreements between the Claims Review Committee’s other members, should they arise. Under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement, determinations by the Claims Review Committee constitute final decisions that are not subject to any further appeal.
The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed the amount of settlement benefits you were offered and/or received and determined that the settlement amount was calculated correctly, including all applicable adjustments for mileage and/or options pursuant to the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement. As such, your appeal to the Claims Review Committee is denied. For further information on the Settlement, including the Court-approved Settlement Agreement and Notice, please visit https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/2-0-models/.
Sincerely,
Claims Review Committee

you get this letter below when you file an appeal

The Claims Review Committee (CRC) has received your VW settlement
appeal and is reviewing your claim. As you may know, the CRC consists
of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from
Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed neutral who will be
called upon to resolve disagreements between the Claims Committee's
other members, should they arise.

You will receive a written response once the CRC has made a final
determination on your appeal. This process may take several weeks, as
the CRC will consider all of the relevant materials in your claim.

***You are receiving this email from an unmonitored, no-reply email
account. If you have questions about the Claims Review Committee,
please contact the Court-appointed Settlement Class Counsel at
1-800-948-2181.***

johtdi

TDI
Jetta
restiution

Anyone know when the actual cutoff is for this to be completed or claims reviewed that no all restitution was given out?

I think we all need to email ankura, vw court settlement, etc to get some answers

Did anyone get additional restitution so far? Please let us know

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
2011 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI SE
Anyone know when the actual cutoff is for this to be completed or claims reviewed that no all restitution was given out?
I think we all need to email ankura, vw court settlement, etc to get some answers
Did anyone get additional restitution so far? Please let us know
I am in the final stages of my CRC appeal buyback. Based on all the information and the buyback appointments I saw on the calendar, the whole program ends effective February 28th.

That means, all buybacks and additional restitution. They are ending the program.

If you want to legislate this further, you'll need to contact the law firm handling this.

https://www.lieffcabraser.com/consumer/vw-emissions-recall/

If you need a specific paralegal at LCHB who can probably answer your questions personally, PM me.

:cool:

utahjd

TDI
2009 JSW
So I'm still waiting to hear from the CRC about my appeal. I didn't know about the Feb. 28th deadline until reading this. I suppose I assumed that there would be a reasonable amount time after the decision was communicated to complete the remedy. Does anyone else still have a pending appeal? Can they just delay the appeal decision until after the deadline then deny restitution because you missed a deadline that you couldn't have possibly met? I've stopped being surprised by any of this, just resigned now I guess.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
VW blocked the Bosch money unless they reported as done, and there is highly likely we are not going to get anything for the restitution on rebuilt restored titles buybacks , because as they have said on closing appointment this would be a final payment . I dont understand why we have contracts if nobody is following anything. There is no answer from VW counsel on anything, waiting on what ? Calabrese attorneys got paid and they dont care as well. We all are sol on the restitution money owed.

utahjd

TDI
2009 JSW
I finally heard from CRC today that my appeal was granted, and the Feb. 28 deadline has been extended. They are giving me 4 weeks from today to complete the process. I wonder if my Bosch money will show up now without me having to chase it down...

So at least in my case, Lieff Cabraser (who represents plaintiffs on the appeals committee) stuck to their guns and held VW accountable to the terms of the settlement. I'm sure in the end it came down to the independent 3rd party, since from what I gathered VW was fighting tooth and nail. Since we have no insight into this mysterious 3rd party, and no way to review any of the deliberations, it's just a black hole. For those of us who ended up winning, it worked, but if you got denied with no explanation I'm sure it feels very unjust, and rightfully so. They should at least have to explain the decision, and prove that all relevant information was presented. I see this lack of transparency as a failure in the settlement, but... it is what it is, I guess.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
On the ones that VW rejected first and rejected secondly on the apel because previous damage or Salvage title prior to 2016 , Bosch refused to pay anything. We did the fix on the 3 cars and that came free od charge but no restitutuion or Bosch money .
Also on all the ones that we ended up returning to VW no restitution or Bosch money, Bosch wanted us to submit all the documents including titles for which we dont have any more because we did return the cars to VW.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Please people write emails to Ankura Consulting Group, LLC independent reporters ,
lets put the last effort push for them to report that VW did not pay on the restitution part on the Rebuilt restored cars , just shoot them small email, at this point we got nothing to loose.
Thanks here are the email addresses

Gary Wingo and to Terrance Brody

gary.wingo@ankura.com <gary.wingo@ankura.com>;terrence.brody@ankura.com <terrence.brody@ankura.com>;

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I guess they did not know about this problem, we need everyone to send email please and confirm that they did not receive the funds.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I've got no response after emailing them, Happy Easter everyone

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I received this not too long ago

Thank you for your inquiry regarding restitution payments associated with branded title claims.

We have been appointed by the Court to serve as the independent Claims Supervisor. Among other things, the Claims Supervisor has the responsibility to monitor Volkswagen’s compliance with the claims process in accordance with the express terms of the Resolution Agreements entered into by the parties and approved by the Court. Please understand that we do not work for Volkswagen and are not administering the claims process. Because Volkswagen is administering the claims process, only the company may provide information regarding specific claims and the payment of related compensation. We, therefore, ask that you follow-up with Volkswagen’s customer support center regarding your question. You may also choose to confer with Class Counsel, as they have been appointed to represent consumers in this matter. Contact information for Class Counsel can be found in the Long Form Notice, or they may be reached at info@vwclasscounsel.com.

We appreciate the valuable insight your correspondence provides into the Volkswagen claims program consumer experience.

Sincerely,

[FONT=&quot]Ankura Consulting Group, LLC[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1220 19th Street, NW, Suite [/FONT][FONT=&quot]700[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Washington, DC[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 20031[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ankura.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

kroll1

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Did anyone got any information on Additional Restitution Payment from @vwclasscounsel?

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Nothing new here

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
The best way to talk to the Council is thry Facebook directly , you can contact Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP law firm , they will respond same day. According to them they are just starting to deal with cases in regards of additional restitution .

Last edited:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Very happy got the half of the money from restitution for the rebuilt restored 14 Jetta that I have returned last year , after I called VW customer service 1-800-948-2181 for about 1000 time, I would tell everyone if you don`t contact them you will probably receive nothing .

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
Very happy got the half of the money from restitution for the rebuilt restored 14 Jetta that I have returned last year , after I called VW customer service 1-800-948-2181 for about 1000 time, I would tell everyone if you don`t contact them you will probably receive nothing .
If you don't mind me asking, when did you get this and when did you talk to them about it? Was this recent (in the last few weeks)?

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Would like to hear as well, what did you give them besides case and vin ## ?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
How long from your last call to the arrival of your check?

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Last phone call was at 6/20/2019 , but there were many more before , first they tell me they don`t know anything then I talk to supervisor and escalate it etc , overall this was a nightmare .Than they are working try the every case and there is many, and there is no time limitation.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Just curious... why are these cars with salvage titles being denied??,..I bought my 2011 jetta with a salvage title in 2013..got full restitution after the fix ..and the Bosch money..no issues at all... (could have done the buyback but wanted to keep it)...are some cases just "bad luck"??

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Last phone call was at 6/20/2019 , but there were many more before , first they tell me they don`t know anything then I talk to supervisor and escalate it etc , overall this was a nightmare .Than they are working try the every case and there is many, and there is no time limitation.
Were you able to talk to anyone ? I keep leaving vm messages with no call back

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Just curious... why are these cars with salvage titles being denied??,..I bought my 2011 jetta with a salvage title in 2013..got full restitution after the fix ..and the Bosch money..no issues at all... (could have done the buyback but wanted to keep it)...are some cases just "bad luck"??
You owned the car with the salvage title pre-dating dieselgate ... that's important. You didn't have any changes of ownership or title status after the date that dieselgate became public knowledge ... that's important. You had the car licensed for the road throughout the whole time following the date that dieselgate became public knowledge ... that's important.

The troublesome cases aren't (or shouldn't be) like that.