www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old August 27th, 2019, 21:04   #16
DriverJon
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
Jon, can you call and verify that and let us know what you find? When I had my 2012 he quoted me for a TB but dieselgate happened so I just drove it until turn in. That was a little over 2 years ago, though, so maybe things are different now or maybe they were different back when IBW checked.
Well, after a while with the Ventura and the Encinitas being the very far choices... I went to the dealer, where the $1600-1800 estimate (which went to $1400 w savings from my ID parts 120k package) became a $3000 bill with added brake flush, rear rotors and pads, and a side cap cracked radiator repair (2yrs old, insurance repair, out of warranty)

Now I'm contemplating taking it back, have grinding/rubbing noise when AC runs and car deaccels. (See thread in mkV folder, if you have any ideas) Dont want to, but if I can trust Norm Reeves to own up if it is sonething they did, probably best..

May put it off and try to contact one of the newer replies. Am set up to leave it at dealer tonight, have long vacation drive this weekend. Damn....
DriverJon is offline   Reply With Quote