www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old August 26th, 2014, 15:16   #1
Ronster

Fuel Economy: Unofficial 52.7 best by computer
Default 2013 Jetta TDI service manual

I have been searching for a service manual for my 2013 Jetta TDI. So far, no luck. Does anyone know if these are available?
Ronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 15:23   #2
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Bentley Publishing used to print VW service manuals but they have lost the contract to do this for some reason. Therefore there is no official VW service manual for your car.

The only good alternative is to go to VW's own site (erwin.com) and pay for a one day "membership" and download everything available for your car (it is all in pdf format).

Have Fun!

Don
Old August 27th, 2014, 14:16   #3
patbob
Veteran Member

I have the same vehicle and want to do the erwin.vw.com thing myself. Does anybody have a list of what to download so I can be sure I didn't miss anything?

Last edited by patbob; August 27th, 2014 at 14:31.
patbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2019, 14:58   #4
trigonman3

TDI(s): 2001 Beetle

Correction: VW's manual site is:
https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/resetSearch.do
trigonman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2019, 10:38   #5
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

Changing world. Used to be I bought a manual for any car I owned. My son doesn't own a single manual, he does most of his own repairs. Some manuals are available for download, generally not legal.
As I understand it erWin is top shelf product. There will be multitudes of downloads. Looks like it's designed to use on demand, on line. Like you, I'd want it all sitting on my hard drive, so you'll just have to look at the list. You'll want most of the sections cause who knows what you'll run into.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2019, 13:05   #6
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Download everything and you can sort it out later. Even make your own manual if you want. Just take it to Kinkos or similar and tell them to print and put together.
Old October 3rd, 2019, 13:15   #7
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

Correction. Cheep economy cars and low quality every day cars dont have service manuals like they used to and most are pay per subscriber base bs. Not porsche. You can still buy the service manuals in colour and much better then they used to be, same with any high end car. You dont want to know how bad Bentley and the like are, you cant even afford the book let along a door handle or headlight for them sobs
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2019, 12:30   #8
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

My old Bentley was full of red corrections, not very good, best we had, gone for newer models.
Check your local library, my library shows AllData OnLine, though I didn't try to access it.
Having to pay for secret codes, part no. access, repair information is some real bull stuff.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote