www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old September 28th, 2019, 03:49   #1
BeetlePD

TDI(s): Beetle 2005
Default VW CHEATED on gasoline vehicles too

This is the latest news coming out of German courts. They programmed gasoline cars to alter combustion routines while being smog-tested, so they’d have cleaner exhaust.

Why am I not surprised? If they thought it was okay to break the law, and lie to customers, then I think it’s okay to boycott the company completely. I don’t hand my hard-earned dollars to criminals

BeetlePD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2019, 07:06   #2
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

You might want to avoid FCA and Daimler vehicles as well in that case. Daimler has been fined close to a billion dollars in Germany for their diesel cheat software. And the FBI just arrested a FCA exec. for their role in that cheat program.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN1W9217
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2019, 11:03   #3
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2019 to end of April 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetlePD View Post
This is the latest news coming out of German courts. They programmed gasoline cars to alter combustion routines while being smog-tested, so they’d have cleaner exhaust.

Why am I not surprised? If they thought it was okay to break the law, and lie to customers, then I think it’s okay to boycott the company completely. I don’t hand my hard-earned dollars to criminals

First off you are not even affected with your 2005 vehicle.

Second this whole thing did nothing detrimental to the performance or life of the engine before the so-called fix !!!
All LED interior bulbs. Several VCDS mods. Darker window tint. EVO skid-plate. Malone Stage 2, Malone DSG tune. Winpower Projector headlights. Angel eyes. LED DRL's. 24mm H&R rear sway bar. Phase 1 & Phase 2 done.
Jetta_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2019, 14:18   #4
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

I think you should boycott them and have your your VW(s) crushed immediately. Feeling the way you do you should have nothing to do with them any more or any other company that has ever done anything wrong. You should never speak or post their name ever again so as not to spread word of them any more and they will be forgotten.
Old September 28th, 2019, 14:30   #5
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

The story I heard is that they altered automatic transmission shift points to eke out better fuel consumption results during the test cycle.

Meh.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2019, 10:44   #6
Mike_04GolfTDI
Veteran Member

Unjust laws are meant to be broken.

Want more diesels.
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:26   #7
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

Didn't Jeffery Dahmer say that too? Well, except for the wanting more diesels bit. He wanted more human tenderloin I think.
Old September 29th, 2019, 23:03   #8
Mike_04GolfTDI
Veteran Member

No, more like the US Declaration of Independence. Not those exact words, of course, but the basic concept is something along those lines.
Old September 29th, 2019, 23:23   #9
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

I whole-heartedly endorse the sort of civil disobedience that Gandhi and King advocated. I'm afraid VW has done nothing to earn that kind of respect.

Last edited by turbobrick240; September 30th, 2019 at 10:57.
Old September 30th, 2019, 10:03   #10
Powder Hound
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: pretty freakin' good.

One of the main principles behind a jury is that if the law is a bad one, then they have a duty to return a not guilty verdict whether the law was broken or not.

Judges and prosecutors don't like that and won't so educate a jury in the instructions. Of course, a jury doesn't have to listen to a judge's instructions, but judges really REALLY don't like that either.

Cheers,

PH
Powder Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2019, 11:32   #11
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Jury nullification. Yes none of the legal community seem to like that. Williamson county where I live enforces pot laws even for tiny amounts. I have been rejected several times from jury duty as they asked if I would convict and I told them no. Even if they were guilty, no. I can't see ruining someones life for tiny amounts. Go find some meth and heroin dealers and put them away.
Old October 5th, 2019, 18:19   #12
jerrymander
Veteran Member

Quote:
I don’t hand my hard-earned dollars to criminals.
You pay taxes, right?

https://publicintegrity.org/federal-...investigation/
Old October 9th, 2019, 07:25   #13
ezshift5
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Please note Fuelly...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymander View Post

During my time visiting this site I have seen multiple award-winning posts.......

Here we have a new member of that esteemed group. Point well taken.

best to all,

ez
Old October 12th, 2019, 13:04   #14
JesseTDI

Quote:
EVERY car company has found one or more ways to cheat emissions testing (if you look into penalties paid by automakers to the govt you'd see that nobody is 'clean'), some just aren't as arrogant as VW when caught. Most just pay the fine, say "we're sorry" and continue on cheating the system. VW went the deny, deny, deny route and got an example made out of them. Hell, right after dieselgate Harley Davidson was busted by the EPA, they where tuning their bikes that came out of the factory with a compliant tune and when they got to the dealers they where retuned as part of dealer prep to sell with the "screaming eagle" tune that restored the bike to advertised performance. You dont hear about the HD thing because they dropped to their knees and wrote a fat "my bad" check to the government who conveniently looked the other way afterwards.

Like mentioned before, if you dont like "giving your money to criminals" stop paying your taxes, and stop buying pretty much anything mass produced or regulated by the government. "Government regulation" is the largest racket ever perpetrated in the history of man because if you pay a big enough "fine" (I call it a bribe) you can get an exemption for any rule, they'll even help you find a loophole to exploit or write one into the laws if you are willing to help them stay elected.

Nobody is as clean and pure as the wind driven snow that **** is a fantasy.
JesseTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2019, 15:44   #15
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

I decided that VW wouldn't get any more of my income when I found out about the monkey torture trials masquerading as science. That was the final straw for me.