Mk6 upgraded dmf clutch kits, are there only 2 options? Any other options?

Darren_0203

TDI
2012 mk6

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
what leads you to believe you need an upgraded clutch?

Darren_0203

TDI
2012 mk6
Because I'll eventually be getting a bigger turbo and other modifications, its inevitable.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I'd wait till it actually starts slipping, but that's just me knowing what I went through previously.

Also, no way I'd spend that coin on the SBC. It comes with a Sachs DMF (I called to inquire before). The darkside kit is so much more reasonable and the sintered disc is what I would switch to if going above 400ft-lbs. I've heard that it's a fairly forgiving disc. I have the organic and it's buttery smooth and will run it till it begins to wear out or slip.

Last edited:

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Ahh I see what you mean. CR are probably still new enough that not much options are out and not cheap. My clutch from my alh was 1k and it’s only rated for 500hp

Darren_0203

TDI
2012 mk6
So.....no other options?

I've spent hours searching online and in this forum any help would be very much appreciated

Darren_0203

TDI
2012 mk6
Ive used ecs for some other cars, unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much of a shortage of smf options but I'd rather not have to constantly replace syncros

Darren_0203

TDI
2012 mk6
Idk about that, there could be more options, more companies selling upgraded dmfclutch kits. From my research on here I'd doesnt seem like the euro transmissions have this issue, though I could be wrong. Idk if anybody's imported a euro spec tranny. If the euro transmissions hold up I could go smf. I don't even know what the stock dmf can handle, cant seem to find any info on that, maybe i could go with just an upgraded clutch and pressure plate.

It seems like theres some people on this forum that have gone beyond this point. Am I really expected me to spend another weeks worth of time, or more, searching the forum or web even though im only finding the same thread results. I would have thought people would be more willing to share information on here even if its repeated, we all had to start somewhere.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Why don't you call or email one of the vendors and ask why they don't recommend SMFs on any VAG gearboxes that contain steel synchros? They'll all tell you the same thing, don't do it. You can look up parts specifically to your VIN to be sure your 02Q has either brass or steel, but it's almost certainly going to be steel being it's a 2012.

There aren't that many choices because the market is rather limited given the dieselgate and the fact that there are far more GTIs than TDIs. I realize you may want choices, but honestly the Sachs SRE is such a nice setup that I'd not worry about it being the only option. I wish I had it in my Jetta which has a SBC unit that just isn't as nice to drive in my opinion.

Darren_0203

TDI
2012 mk6
I understand the smf problem and it's been a no for me from the door, I was pretty clear on that.

If theres nothing else out there, then it is what it is. I was just curious if anyone hand info I didnt.

Thanks again