www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old September 29th, 2019, 08:49   #1
Ramp Rat

Default Power seat memory????

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM with a DSG (no sure that has anything to do with my problem but . . . . ). I can’t get the power seat memory to work on the Driver’s seat (only power seat in the vehicle). The seat moves in all directions and when I use the VCDS I can see all the switches and buttons “Activate” when pushed. So, in my simple mind, the circuits are working. However, when looking at the Measuring Blocks I noticed that the one showing memory shows Inactive.

I have tried to follow the owner’s manual in programming the memory buttons. I turned the ignition on (with and without the engine running). Also, not putting the transmission in Reverse (why would you want to do that anyway)? Press the “Set” button and then press one of the numbered buttons. Nothing happens. I've pressed the Set button and released it then pressed a numbered button. I've also tried pressing the Set button and holding it while I press a numbered button.
Can the seat memory be deactivated and if so, how do I reactivate it????
Thank you for any advice.
Steve.
Ramp Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2019, 13:35   #2
prsa01
Veteran Member

Going from memory from when I had my brm.

I think you pushed the number, then held the memory button until the chime sounded.

On mine, I had to pull the seat control button, open it up, and clean the contacts to get memory working. Believe the info for doing that was on myturbodiesel.com or here.

Here it is: https://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/h...on-vw-or-audi/

Note: my symptoms were the "possessed seat", so different than just not taking programming.

Last edited by prsa01; September 29th, 2019 at 13:48.
prsa01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:44   #3
Windjammer
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK4 & Mk5

I can confirm that driving down the road yesterday I pressed the set button & then the #1 button. At that time I heard a chime & the memory was set.
06 Jetta TDI White w/Beige Pkg 2 DSG
06 Jetta TDI Black w/Beige Pkg 0 5MT
Windjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2019, 10:30   #4
Tdijarhead
Veteran Member

Are the seats original with the car or did someone swap them in? I have power heated memory seats in my Golf but I just never hooked the memory part up. No matter how many times someone presses the memory switch nothing will happen on mine.

Maybe someone swapped the power seat in and never hooked the memory part up on yours.
Tdijarhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2019, 21:21   #5
Ramp Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windjammer View Post
I can confirm that driving down the road yesterday I pressed the set button & then the #1 button. At that time I heard a chime & the memory was set.

Interesting, I haven’t tried to set the memory while driving. So, I’ll try tomorrow.
Old October 1st, 2019, 21:23   #6
Ramp Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdijarhead View Post
Are the seats original with the car or did someone swap them in? I have power heated memory seats in my Golf but I just never hooked the memory part up. No matter how many times someone presses the memory switch nothing will happen on mine.

Maybe someone swapped the power seat in and never hooked the memory part up on yours.

I don’t think the seat has been replaced but the thought about the memory not being “turned on” brings me back to one of my questions. How do you turn the memory ON?