Where to find market value for 03 Golf GLS TDI?

PhDwannabe

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf & 1998 Jetta - Both Sold :(
I recently purchased a new 2003 VW Golf GLS TDI and have not been too happy with it (long story). Due to some recent financial problems I have to now sell the car. I have been unable to find any information of it's value. I've tried NADA, Kelley blue book and Edmunds.com with no luck. My car has only 1575 miles on it. If anyone knows where I can find the value of my car I would much appreciate it. Thanks.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Whoever buys it is going to get a great deal. Where do you live?

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)
Yeah, KBB won't give a price on '03s. Looks like around $15k for an '02, so think about $16 or so.

BTW, I know a couple people who'd be interested in it.

PhDwannabe

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks everyone for your help. If I sell the car I need to get as close to what I still owe on the loan as possible. I need to get somewhere around $18,500 at this point. I may keep the car till spring if I can. I'll keep looking for a quoted value somewhere.

belfert

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
[ QUOTE ]
PhDwannabe said:
Thanks everyone for your help. If I sell the car I need to get as close to what I still owe on the loan as possible. I need to get somewhere around $18,500 at this point. I may keep the car till spring if I can. I'll keep looking for a quoted value somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so few Golf TDI cars sold that it will take a while before prices start to show up.

The price guides base values on prices reported by car dealers when they buy/sell used cars. There have to be a certain number bought/sold before they start reporting on that model year car.

Brian Elfert

PhDwannabe

Veteran Member
TDI
okay man. what about money you put down or a trade in you had? What options does your golf have? Mine if fully loaded with the exception of leather. That could explain the price difference and resale value. If I can't sell it for what I owe then VW can come get the stupid piece of junk and I'll be out of it. My life is over anyway so my credit doesn't matter anymore. I hope you all can wake up someday.

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)
[ QUOTE ]
If I can't sell it for what I owe then VW can come get the stupid piece of junk and I'll be out of it.

Good luck with that one. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

My life is over anyway so my credit doesn't matter anymore.

Yikes man, don't give up that easily. /images/graemlins/eek.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope you all can wake up someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure it's us that need to wake up? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhDwannabe

Veteran Member
TDI
Here's the story. Nothing wrong with the car in terms of problems, just under performance I guess. I'm used to driving big fast trucks and this little car doesn't cut it. So why did I buy it? Good question. Maybe I should have realized there is more to a car than gas mileage (or desiel mileage in this case). The truck I had was almost dead and I looked around at several new vehicles figuring a new vehicle purchase would yield a bigger trade in value for my 10 year old truck. I looked at a Mazda 6 and they offered me a whopping $200 for my truck. I laughed at them and quickly left. The VW people gave me $2200 for the same truck. That is one of the biggest reasons I bought a VW. I couldn't buy a Jetta cause I think they are chic cars. A passat was too expensive and didn't offer a TDI version anyway. So I was left to choose between a bettle and a golf. NO brainer decision there. I went with the Golf of course. I guess I will correct myself and say I'm only unhappy about the car due to it's speed and size. Both of which I knew before I bought it but thought I could warm up to. Unfortunately I have not. I do enjoy the heated seats living in cold a$$ Buffalo! I wouldn't be so willing to sell the car if I was not in a poor financial situation (No job = no income, all due to health reasons) So I'm sorry for any and all stupid remarks and will say this site rocks and has been very helpful to me, except that I think I spend way too much time on it (my fault again!) Peace out

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
PhD, I wasn't in any way trying to cut you down.

The car I purchased is a GLS Golf with every option except leather and ESP. The price I paid was for cash. No trade-in.

Vectorer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premo
What you might consider for when you get back on your financial feet (provided you still own the Golf) is to "chip" it.

We are up to 4 (?) different chiptuning options for the ALH. Maybe more... Plenty of testimonials here at Fred's about chipping. Check out the TDI Power Enhancements forum. One thing, for sure... You should notice a considerable difference between stock and "chipped". My preference is UPsolute. Sure can make one smile!

Be advised that VWoA doesn't like to see chipped cars come in for warranty work on things like blown turbos, fried clutches, etc. They can and will void warranty claims for such if they root-out a juiced chip.

You pays you money and takes your chances...