2003 TDI Incline Acceleration Stutter (Slight).

watchingcrow

TDI
2003 VW Jetta
Hi, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, (FUEL:Renewable Biodiesel blend RB20,
80% Renewable Diesel/20% Biodiesel) I was getting Limp Mode so changed all the recommended things - it improved but still happened but with less intensity then it just stopped Limp and no more Check Engine, but now I get a slight stutter hesitation going up hills with acceleration. No Check Engine Light. Actions: Purged, new fuel filter, new fuel pump - same problem on steep San Francisco in city Hill climb. At least it keeps accelerating, just with that stutter.
I have searched and read recommendations, found this mysterious (for me) one: "Cage mod: dielectric grease around MAF pins" will investigate this. I might just take it to a Local Diesel Guy says he is familiar with VW TDI but would rather DIY as I am on Fixed Income.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Oh, may driving to Santa Cruz this Wednesday so will have a chance to "blow out the cobwebs as i drive very little and think that is part of my problem.
Thanks
By the by I am only somewhat a newbe. I have used the forum trying to solve my Limp Mode Issue and I seem to have crested that mountain, this seems to be related though i no longer (yet) get Limp or Engine Light I still have Hill Climb Issue - though much more manageable.
Cheers
Michael (WatchingCrow) :cool:

mrfiat

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (Reflex Silver) , 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon (Black)
First thing, have someone with a Vagcom read all the error codes from your ECU. There is a list of folks that have the software on this site. I would also check your turbo actuator rod. (could need to be made longer)