mk6 sportwagen tdi ecm tuning

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
i am having issues trying to tune my "fixed" tdi. tried a few programs and same thing happens. it will read the vin, series, and times its been flashed.
But it will not let me downlad the factory tune off the ecm. one time it said security invalid. Do they ave a way to lock the ecm now? Will i have to send it to someone to have them bench flash it?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Will need read in boot mode with a tri-core compatible flash tool
Ok so I have a kess reader. Could someone walk me through on how to do a low tune, dynamic idle, and egr off? Just looking for something similar to Malone stage 0.5. So increasing economy and having it run cleaner.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
This is not an ECU that's very straight forward to tune yourself. Your cost in time for development would far exceed just buying software from one of the major tuners.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
This is not an ECU that's very straight forward to tune yourself. Your cost in time for development would far exceed just buying software from one of the major tuners.
i have time to learn if someone is willing to help teach me. Yes when warrenty is up i will get a malone tune. Until then i cant justify spending 400 bucks on a tune when i will be going stage 2 at a later date. Im only looking for 30whp or so and keeping it under torque limiter.

Last edited:

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
Will want winols to go over things thoroughly, runs a few grand. Going to cost more to do this yourself and may damage the vehicle. warranty is affected either way with port flashing. We normally just charge the price difference between files plus 100 for re-tuning, depending on circumstances (no re-tuning fee on custom tuning, usually waived if making adjustments soonafter etc)

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Will want winols to go over things thoroughly, runs a few grand. Going to cost more to do this yourself and may damage the vehicle. warranty is affected either way with port flashing. We normally just charge the price difference between files plus 100 for re-tuning, depending on circumstances (no re-tuning fee on custom tuning, usually waived if making adjustments soonafter etc)
Do i have to have your specific tool for flashing? if i have a tool able to read and write tunes that isnt specifically flashzilla v3?

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
Sorry don't think any of the main tuners are going to want to send open sourced files for pirated tools. You can ship out the ECU if you want to keep the cost down.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
So This has taken the back burner for awhile. not sure if insurance will fix it. I came aquainted with a fawn.