mechanic west of oakville

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4, 1.9L, BEW, 393000 Km
Hi all been on the site for a while now, i'm looking for a good mechanic west of Oakville Burlington, I live in the Hamilton area does any one have any good references, I currently go to Bittners on the mountain for my timing belt.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
If you're a jet mech, aren't you on the mountain? Working at John C Munro?

Downtown, Stoney creek? where?

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
I work in Mississauga but live by Tim Horton Field. I used to work at Mount Hope many years ago when general avaition was there.

PEACEKEEPER

TDI
MK4 TDI WAGON GLS
I've used Bittners as they are just down the street with good results. There is also The Bug Shop on Kenilworth by Main st. I've known many people that have used them and were always happy.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
So I recently moved to the Stoney Creek area and was driving by on Barton St. near Green rd. and noticed a VW repair shop called Autobahn has anyone used them before and if you have what was your experience.

Gibby

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Wagon
Pretty sure Gino at Import Should be able to help you out. He is in the east end on Morley I believe.

ThinkingTDITO

TDI
Jetta
So I recently moved to the Stoney Creek area and was driving by on Barton St. near Green rd. and noticed a VW repair shop called Autobahn has anyone used them before and if you have what was your experience.
Any experience with Autobahn Auto? I need an honest mechanic/shop in the West End

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
here is my experience with bitners.

was passing by so i decided to stop by and see what they would come up with...just fot ****s and giggles.

car had 450xxx km. under WOT the car would whistle, like there was a bad gasket on the turbo or a crack somewhere with the exhaust. went to bitners. explained the situation and the main mechanic told me that the car had extremely high KM and that the engine is no good. recommended a new engine.

turned out to be a 10 cent washer on the injector bodies.

my experience with the bug shop. had a customer come to me since he was getting quoted big bucks for timing belt jobs - 1500 and more.

he just came from the bug shop since they checked over the whole car to make sure its 100% (he just bought the car)

anyways, so this guy came by and right away i noticed the car didnt sound right.

long story short.

2nd gear was grinding
turbo seals were shot
intercooler Filled with oil
clogged up intake
bad wheel bearing
and
IQ and timing off and the belt looked like it had 200xxx km on it.

this was RIGHT after he came back from the bug shop making sure the car is 100%..which he showed me a piece of paper showing it is.

thats just my experiences and many others that have come to me.

i personally dont trust those guys unless you know EXACTLY what you're going into the shop for.

for anyone needing advice or help with their TDIs PM ME :)

Last edited: