My 2010 TDI Golf 2dr 6spd Manual (Candy White) enclosed

jdiaz

TDI
2015 GSW
Is City VW the old Lynch VW on Irving Park? I used to live at Irving and Narragansett.

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
jdiaz said:
Is City VW the old Lynch VW on Irving Park? I used to live at Irving and Narragansett.
good eye!

Yup, It sure is!!!

..and that was the last time I bought a VW from there (when it was still Lynch.. lol)

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
Very nice. So do you guys get plates the very same day you get your car? In TX, we have to wait while the plates are shipped to the dealership, usually within a couple of weeks (or even more). Enjoy!! :)

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
This is the newest thing for Illinois (not get temp plates and getting regular plates from the dealership right away)

..only problem is they added $30 to the fees for this 'get instant plates' deal!

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
adjat84th said:
Jealous!! Now just get rid of that hideous dealer marker under the GOLF emblem on the rear :)
1st thing removed once I got it in the garage earlier this afternoon... so one step ahead of you there;)

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
meh, if I would have asked them NOT to put it on, they would have honored that.. it was my own fault for forgetting to ask.. I was more concerned about them NOT installing the front plate bracket to be honest (not easy to remove drill holes!)

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
Yeah, I did cringe about this snow storm BUT I made it back safe n sound!

I still can't get over how freaking quiet this thing is... You have to roll down the window and listen intently to hear the slightest hint of it being a diesel (most probably wouldn't even hear the ever-so-slight tell-tale sign!)

jdiaz

TDI
2015 GSW
lilredjetdiwagon said:
Very nice. So do you guys get plates the very same day you get your car? In TX, we have to wait while the plates are shipped to the dealership, usually within a couple of weeks (or even more). Enjoy!! :)
As ibid mentioned, its a recent thing. For years, dealers around Chicago would make you wait forever for a plate.....they were probably using the tax money from the sales transaction to pay off their bills until more revenue came in. Motorcycle dealers in our area in particular were really bad about this.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Looks great man. Good options too with the Nav and cloth. That's how I'd want it. People make way too much of a deal over leather. Cloth looks nicer longer and doesn't get super hot and super cold. I really dig the MKVI golf. Much nicer than the MKV's IMO.

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
Farfromovin said:
Looks great man. Good options too with the Nav and cloth. That's how I'd want it. People make way too much of a deal over leather. Cloth looks nicer longer and doesn't get super hot and super cold. I really dig the MKVI golf. Much nicer than the MKV's IMO.
I actually did NOT get the NAV (touch screen is standard for the TDI golf though)

I do prefer cloth though (not icy cold in winter or burn me hot in summer) PLUS our 17 pound dog Molly prefers the cloth so she doesn't slide off the seat ;)

Last edited:

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Enjoy the new TDI. In Wisconsin we get the plates at the Dealer. Three of my letters on my plate are FTW believe it or not. I wonder how that got through the cracks. Just read that backwards... Otherwise they are so anal about plates and their hidden meanings here in Wisc.

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
I thought about a getting clever vanity plate but rates have just gone up another $20 as of jan 1st here in Illinois and I just dont' feel like giving the state any more money than I have to.

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I tried to convice my wife that I need to trade in my sedan and get a Golf so we have two hatch backs. Since we got hers I have fallin in love with it. I like having the height in the back. She made me realize after buying 10 vehicles, 9 of them new, since 2004 how much money we have lost.

But I like the car. Does it have the winter package?

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
oo... I wonder if I will get the VW DRiver Magazine again.. I used to get it free for a while back when I bought my 2004 R32 and then it just stopped showing up.. boooo

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
WOWW! Congrads on a great looking car!! Very sporty looking and love the 6 speed, the nose and the clean sporty interior.... Looks like a TDI dressed up in a GTI suit. Wonder how much HP and torque this puts out?

ibid said:
..just picked her up this afternoon!

AusTexRocker

TDI
2010 Golf 4 Dr-DSG-United Grey Metalic
I picked up my 2010 Golf TDI on 12/31/09. United Gray Metalic 4dr DSG. That was not my first choice (2 dr manual with xenon was 1st), but then there are not a lot to chose from here. At any rate, I am blown away by my new car. BTW, the dealer gave me a crooked smile when I asked for the dealer decal to be left off the hatch door, but he complied. They are pretty good guys (Hewlett VW in Georgetown TX)