Clutch Problem

TrydntruTDIer

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2002 Jetta TDI & Want 2015 Golf Sportwagon
Hey Guys, About 3 weeks ago my clutch started slipping. It's gotten progressively worse. I have a 2000 GLS TDI with 28,000 miles on it. I have TT'd, KTN'd & wetted it.
I haven't raced it, drug it or popped the clutch at all, I mainly put the modifications on it to get the increased power for getting in & out of traffic quicker & passing. I'm a salesman and use it in my business. The dealer is trying to give me the run around saying its a wearout item. I talked to an independent foriegn car mechanic and he told me it was way too early for the clutch to be going out. I've never had a clutch go out like this, this early. I've usually been able to go well over 100K. I also am having trouble getting a heavy duty clutch kit for it. Is there a better clutch kit out there that I could get that's better than the stock one? I can't believe this is happening! I hardly ever go over 3000 rpms when I shift! If anyone could give me some advice on this matter I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
It seems that a lot of our membership have experienced clutch slip. It can happen with a stock vehicle, or with a chip tuned automobile.

TDI Ray and BG, have done change outs. If you want immediate input on this try running a search on "clutch slip" in the past two months and see what comes up.

There are two different assemblies that were installed in the automobile, I believe, and finding out which one you have and what will retrofit requires a disassembly process. I'm at 15,000 and have the same problem. Especially noticible in third for me. Turbo Steve has had the problem for quite a while, too, as does TDI Believer.

Good Luck, EZ

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Look on the brighter side of it - now you know your engine has too much power for the OEM clutch to handle.