Tulsa 2015 VW Golf TDi DSG Tungsten Silver 6,300 miles sell at buy back

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I think so too, so what is this bashing all about? Someone can buy this for $25K , then get the phase1 done, get $8000 in the pocket and drive a nice golf. The only disadvantage in doing this is the sales tax difference 25K vs 17K, but this could be a subject of negotiation with the seller.

I believe something you are missing is the fact that a new owner will have to register, license, and insure for those few months. This expense will out weight any possible "savings" from the purchase of your vehicle. Furthermore, your vehicle is priced at VW buyback price which is (apparently) more than someone could get a comparable vehicle for from a dealer. When dealing with vehicles over a roughly $10k purchase price, I venture to say most sales occur at a dealership because they offer one point service for purchase and financing. Not saying someone doesn't want your car, just trying to help you realize what a potential buyer is facing cost wise.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
My Continental Tires.

Wednesday took it in to Don Thornton VW, to inspect, air, and rotate tires.

No issues. 34 PSI

NO LIGHTS WERE ON DASH !!

(9) -- 32nds

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
I guess that they also told you the the tires had been filled with 8 grand of gold infused air.
Why are you still posting in this thread? You have a 12 yo MK5 with 265,000 miles that you're asking $7000 for. :eek:

Maybe the OP is doing the same as you.
If anyone is interested I have set the reserve at not much higher than the current bid. I realize that it was a long shot to try to get 7k for this car but you don't get what you don't ask for.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
without even seeing it that mk5 is probably a better deal.

edit.....
i looked it up, that was a nice, good deal for that buyer

No, someone can't pay $16k for that Golf and sell it back to VW for $25k.
why is that? i've seen a lot of people do that in the past year or so, did VW chance something? the new buyer being able to sell it back to VW for his exact sale price is his sales pitch

Last edited:

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
why is that? i've seen a lot of people do that in the past year or so, did VW chance something? the new buyer being able to sell it back to VW for his exact sale price is his sales pitch

Last edited by sardo_67; Today at 06:14 PM.

Someone can't sell it back to VW because it is a car that has already been sold back. It got the fix and was auctioned. I don't know about this secondary sack of cash I keep hearing about. It seems unlikely that I would entitled to it when I go in for the next phase but I won't argue it.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
Last edited by sardo_67; Today at 06:14 PM.
Someone can't sell it back to VW because it is a car that has already been sold back. It got the fix and was auctioned. I don't know about this secondary sack of cash I keep hearing about. It seems unlikely that I would entitled to it when I go in for the next phase but I won't argue it.
not sure what youre smoking, but this one didnt get the fix yet

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
I think so too, so what is this bashing all about? Someone can buy this for $25K , then get the phase1 done, get $8000 in the pocket and drive a nice golf. The only disadvantage in doing this is the sales tax difference 25K vs 17K, but this could be a subject of negotiation with the seller.
I think the bashing is just about the shear unlikelihood that a sale would likely occur right now. OP doesn't seem to mind one bit though. He'll do what he is going to do (or not do) without regard to our perceived absurdity of the whole thing.

I have a picture of what could possibly happen in the future. The OP never sells this car and opts to take the fixes and cash. Look to about the year 2022 when there hasn't been a TDI produced in many years. There will be a huge market for them! The OP will probably have a 10,000 mile perfect car, complete with a phone book sized file of unnecessary documentation of all the things it never needed fixed proving it. It might be a $30,000 car by then?!?! You never know!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I have a picture of what could possibly happen in the future. The OP never sells this car and opts to take the fixes and cash. Look to about the year 2022 when there hasn't been a TDI produced in many years. There will be a huge market for them! The OP will probably have a 10,000 mile perfect car, complete with a phone book sized file of unnecessary documentation of all the things it never needed fixed proving it. It might be a $30,000 car by then?!?! You never know!
Bold by me....Huge market? I don't think so as even MB is balking on new diesels here. And all the "fixed" VW diesels will have failed high pressure pumps and cracked DPF's and owners will get tired of the problems and the cars will be left to die. The older MK's are becoming scarce and when all us club members die off, there will be no interest in any remaining VW diesels. :(

But the Okie here will still have his garaged Golf!:D

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
jeep is making a 3.0 diesel, ford, GM, Nissan, Ram, all these other companies are making small diesel motors for the american market. these aren't the last TDIs to come around, in a few years VW will again be selling them here since technology will improve and so well emissions. hopefully more trump crap will lower the EPAs power as well which can lead to more small high MPG diesels being sold here.

i have already read about new diesel motors that meet the current EPA crap and do not need a DPF system or exhaust fluid (adblue or what ever) either.

this car can be sold back to VW because it is 100% stock as it left the dealer back in 2015, so it can be sold back for the 25K (current owner or 2nd) or they can opt to fix it and receive the 8k cash and needed dealer installed parts.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Another BIG risk is that if someone bought his car for the VW buyback price and totaled it while driving those "free" 25,000 miles, they would not be eligible for the buyback (if the car was not driveable after the wreck). ... snip...

... 1/2 the RISK of possible future situations. :confused:

... then there is a possible situation where the car is damaged (your fault ~~ other parties fault), and you are paid (say) $4K ~~ but it STILL drives:D

... Or you left it out of the GARAGE, & suffered $3K HAIL damage:eek:

... Does that mean you might-could-should-may get a TOTAL of (say)
$29,000 :p

... Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Some TDICLUB owners DID collect insurance on losses and also got the FULL BB amount???

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Id like to make a motion to have this thread closed and may god have mercy on the soles that have posted here....

It was fun while it lasted but is this really what we've been reduced to?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I believe something you are missing is the fact that a new owner will have to register, license, and insure for those few months.

This expense will out weight any possible "savings" from the purchase of your vehicle. Furthermore, your vehicle is priced at VW buyback price which is (apparently) more than someone could get a comparable vehicle for from a dealer.

When dealing with vehicles over a roughly $10k purchase price, I venture to say most sales occur at a dealership because they offer one point service for purchase and financing.

Not saying someone doesn't want your car, just trying to help you realize what a potential buyer is facing cost wise.
TT&L is the requirement on all cars; some states are cheap. some not.

Yes buyers need to do their own financing. In the end their FICO is the quintessential requirement. :p

A buyer of my car can sell it back to VW for $25,625 in the next Approx 180 days

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
6,574 Currant miles.

Drove to Doctor this morning. ~~ 27 miles round trip

47.1 MPG on the idiot gauge

44 degrees F. ~~ Wind gust to 40+

Route was all arterial streets. Approx 28 red lights

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
For me, time and headache is money. Why would l want to deal with VW for a buyback just after I bought a new used car. There are wear and tear items that have time/mileage limits. What is the original seller hiding in the fact that he doesn't sell the vehicle back himself. I have trust issues, not saying that you are trying to scam someone, I doubt you are...but this is America (US and Canada)...why don't you just sell it back and be done with it less headache for you too.

.... no scam

....nothing to hide.

============================

I am the original owner, and the new owner has the option to do the "FIX"

And get the $7,000-ish for phase 1 and 2 restitution VW money

... net cost would be (approx) $18,625

... and get the 11 year, 162,000 mile warranty. Warranty good until July 15(?) 2026

=================================

Parts Covered Under Extended Warranty
The emissions system warranty shall cover the following parts or
systems:

The entire exhaust after treatment system, including the Diesel
Oxidation Catalyst, the Diesel Particulate Filter, the Selective
Catalytic Reduction converter, the dosing injector and other Diesel
Exhaust Fluid system components, the exhaust flap, and all sensors
and actuators

The entire fuel system, including fuel pumps, high pressure fuel rail,
fuel injectors, vibration damper, pressure control valve and all
sensors and actuators