17978 (P1570) Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer

daddyoli

TDI
Volkswagen 2001 Jetta TDI
having the same issue p1570 , but no lights on cluster when key is turned on .
turn signals and odo and clock seem fine but no other . p1612 and p1570.
any ideas . been searchin'

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
Uwe said:
No, 2003 cars did not come with SKCs on any tags.

Try cold-booting the car. Remove both battery cables from the battery. Short the battery cables together (away from the battery) for aboyt 15 seconds. Reconnect the battery. No guarantees, but I've seen this fix similar problems and it doesn't cost much.

-Uwe-

you are correct.

winebum

TDI
2002 Beetle 135K and going strong
17978 P1570 - Engine blocked by immobilizer

Thanks for the reset advice. The wifes beetle is back on the road. I replaced the batteries on the Key Fobs.

Mickstermania

TDI
2007 VW Caddy
2007 Vw Caddy Van

I am having the very same issue with my caddy van. It will start but cuts out after 3 seconds. The instrument cluster is dead and had new clocks in it tonight but still doing the exact same thing. I have checked all wiring fitted a new battery and new battery in the keyfob just to eliminate all aspects. I am now at the stage where I am thinking it is either the key chip itself or ignition ring...
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated as this is my third night at it and its wrecking my head :confused:

een2102

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Resuscitating this thread. I have a 2003 Jetta wagon TDI - 200,000 miles. It runs like a champ but now it's refusing to start. The car crank and starts but shuts off after less than 1 second, never letting it rev up even if I press the accelerator pedal.

Symptoms are exactly as described by others with immobilizer acting up but: 1. No key light in panel and 2. No error code with VAG com.

I checked the filter and it is fine. The EGR valve is opening as it should. I know the fuel cut solenoid does get 12V when setting the key on ignition. HOWEVER, I noticed that current is cut if there is no starting after a time (not sure if this is normal). It does get 12V during cranking.

Anything that I am no seeing?

Please help!

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
This thread may not be the best place since you are not getting any immob codes. Might I suggest to start a new thread and include a full Auto-Scan.