How to find Radio Code ?

VW Petrolero

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 Golf SW 1.8 TSI
Hi Guys I have a simple question .I lost my 2000 Jetta Tdi Radio code.
Could you find it with a Vag-Com or you have to remove it & ask the dealer for it.
I don't want to have a problem if my Battery dies.
Thanks for your replies.
Tony

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
I know the dealer can get the code off there CO.s computer real computer. (not 1551 or 1552) they need your vin # and may have to pull the radio or read a code inside of it ot get it. the vagcom will not give you the code. Some dealers do this as a free will deal. Sme Don't

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
open the trunk, open the spare cover.. if needed remove the spare.. but usually not necessary..
look for a white tag in the tire well.. the radio code is on it.. Bill

mikeh

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 golf gl, '09 jetta tdi
you need to slide the radio out far enough to read the serial # off of it. with the radios serial # (not the cars vin), a dealer can pull the radio code from the vw computer.

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
BTW: I've disconnected the battery a couple of times and the radio wasn't affected. It did say 'SAFE' once or twice, but it started up on it's own. I think it communicated with the immobilizer and realized it was in the same car. When I replace the cluster, the radio needed to be reset.

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
no, it will be a long strip with a long number and a 4 digit number.. sometimes it come unstuck and falls to the bottom of the spare well..you need the 4 digit number.. gluck Bill

VW Petrolero

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 Golf SW 1.8 TSI
No such long strip # I GUESS IT'LL BE GOING TO THE DEALER with the radio serial number & ask them .Thanks Bill
Tony

VW Petrolero

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 Golf SW 1.8 TSI
Thanks for your replies.
Bill I open the spare tire place & I found a tag with engine & paint code but no radio code.How many digits does it have? .
Thanks.
Tony