Help, Odometer, trip odometer and clock blank and run car

MadDogBrenner

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Hi everyone,

I thought I would try to run a problem past any of you out there since I'm stymied. I just got the glowplugs replaced and some recall service done at the dealership. I also recently changed the air filter myself.

Service Friday, air filter Saturday.

Monday, I got in my car and the clock, trip odometer and odometer were all messed up. Only showing some of the lcd display. When I turned the key to let the glowplugs do their thing, no lights but the battery and engine lights showed up and it turned over but didn't run.

I figured something with the electrical may have messed up, so I took off, then connected the battery cables together to discarge any capacitance in the system. After this, the lcd displays were blank and the car acted the same way.

The only thing I have found on the internet that shows the same problem says that I should replace the ect sensor (I had to look it up, it stands for Engine Coolent Temp sensor). I got one yesterday and replaced it. No difference... except I made a nice mess with all of my engine coolant on the driveway.

Thanks for your time,
MadDog

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
What "recall service"?

I wonder if the dealership is one that frequently supplies oilhammer with opportunities to repair after their workmanship.