Heating/cooling system vagcom tweaks

Caboose

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
Another quick one - my '09 Jetta had this thing where I just set the heating knob to whatever temperature I wanted it and it maintained it. My replacement ('12) doesn't have that, it just has static heat like most cars, but I can see the infrared sensors by the heating system controls. Is there any way to turn on that auto climate control option, even though the knob won't technically match?

Caboose

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
Anyone? Could someone help me do research at least by letting me know what that particular system is called? I can't even find the name of it.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
You can find this info in your Owner's Manual, page 212. You do have an Owner's Manual, don't you? All CPO cars come with one, or should. This information took all of one minute to find. I suggest you get more familiar with your car, and the Owner's Manual. Don't be so lazy!

Some models are equipped with what VW calls 'Climatronic' heating & AC controls, where you set the heat/cooling levels and that maintains the temperature levels wherever you set the temp. Apparently you don't have the Climatronic heat/cooling system. You'll have to adjust it manually if your car does not have this feature.

Caboose

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
You can find this info in your Owner's Manual, page 212. You do have an Owner's Manual, don't you? All CPO cars come with one, or should. This information took all of one minute to find. I suggest you get more familiar with your car, and the Owner's Manual. Don't be so lazy!

Some models are equipped with what VW calls 'Climatronic' heating & AC controls, where you set the heat/cooling levels and that maintains the temperature levels wherever you set the temp. Apparently you don't have the Climatronic heat/cooling system. You'll have to adjust it manually if your car does not have this feature.
I'm not lazy, I read through the things.
I know it doesn't have the feature, the question I had was is it something I can just turn on through VCDS or vagcom or whatever, or is it a hardware function? All the sensors are there from what I can see.