Tuning Boxes vs Chips?

drwho

Veteran Member
TDI
None
There is a tuning box on eBay for sale for TDI's. This is not a chip, but merely plugs or installs very quickly. Claims to add at least 20 horses to our motors. Here is the URL for the manufacturer: WWW.TUNINGBOX.COM
I am curious if anyone has used a device similiar to this and if there are advantages of this over a chip. The installation part sounds like one advantage over the chip, but you never know. Paul

Oli

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drwho:
There is a tuning box on eBay for sale for TDI's. This is not a chip, but merely plugs or installs very quickly. Claims to add at least 20 horses to our motors. Here is the URL for the manufacturer: WWW.TUNINGBOX.COM
I am curious if anyone has used a device similiar to this and if there are advantages of this over a chip. The installation part sounds like one advantage over the chip, but you never know. Paul
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

i guess you found my offer on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=589657880), it is a great working tuning kit, which is more flexible than a chip (warranty!!!!). We (SpeedTuning) are selling these tuning kits like crasy, if you have any question just repost or email.

Best regards
Oli
SpeedTuning US

JettaKnight

TDI
Jetta wagon, 02, silver
Am awaiting the arrival of 2001 jetta gl tdi. Have been trying to get an education on available aftermarket mods and how they will affect the warranty and how detectable they are. Some Questions:
1)What is a tuning box?
2)How does it differ from the "chips"?
3)Does it invalidate warranty?
4)Is it easily detected?
5)What does it cost compared to chip?
I would appreciate any input as I have planned to do some enhancements after my car is broke-in. P.S. ANYBODY else out there from around St. Louis, MO????? THANKS!

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta
Drwho,

Sorry about that. I believe the system adminsters at work were updating the system. Other than that I have no clue. I have sent an email to youse.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
JettaKnight: read extensive discussions in the Performance forum, which is where this topic really belongs ... also check the FAQ.

Brian P.
'96 Passat TDI mit UPsolute