RNS-315 and Samsung Galaxy Note Compatibility

massaskillz

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Highline w/Tech
Hey guys,

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717, and tried pairing it with the RNS-315 system on my Jetta. Pairing is successful, but when I try to import my phonebook, it's unsuccessful and doesn't import any contacts.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a setting in the phone I'm missing, an app I need, and update to RNS-315 required, or maybe the phone is just not compatible with it. Any Galaxy Note users out there or Android users experience a similar issue?

Thanks.

jtori

TDI
2012 JSW, 2012 Jetta Sedan
Galaxy Note

I've got a Galaxy Note and 2012 JSW with RCD-510, so not certain if your experience will be identical. Here's what I found:
  • Radio will make a request to the Android (Galaxy) to access the phone book. This will show up in the upper lefthand corner of the phone. Pull down the menu on the phone and accept the request. It should load.
  • Additionally, size of your contact list matters. I believe there is an upper limit on the number of contacts the radio can import (unfortunately, can't remember what the number is; I believe it's between 900 and 1,000).
  • Finally, if you need to winnow down the list of contacts, you may wish to go into the phone and disable contacts from sync-ing with LinkedIn and Facebook contacts. This will reduce the number of contacts, while preserving those you've entered/saved.
Hope this helps.

Joe.

massaskillz

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Highline w/Tech
Thanks Joe! Yes that did help. I didn't know there would be another confirmation on the phone again to access the contact list. I was using a Nokia N8 before this, and it would automatically accept the phone book request after pairing.