7. Michael O'Brien
8. EWDurbin
9. Mtngk
10. Autostadt
11. Caldub
12. RiceEater
13. FilthyAp2

Here is a link to the Parks Dept Map

The boat ramp is on the right side near the top / North of the Information Center. That large parking lot is where we will meet for the GTG!

Thanks John :)

And here is a map layout of the roads we will drive on the way out of Mission Bay Park....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...675217,-116.968689&spn=0.305173,0.617294&z=11

Last edited:

Camarones

Veteran Member
TDI
Formerly 2010 Golf TDI 6M 4dr UGM, 2001 Golf TDI
Sign-up Roster

1. Blacksheep
2. Derrel H Green
3. boutmuet
4. Ichi511
5. John Jackson
6. Camarones

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
As long as I get the day off of work. I'll know for sure in two weeks.

Sign-up Roster

1. Blacksheep
2. Derrel H Green
3. boutmuet
4. Ichi511
5. John Jackson
6. Camarones
7. Michael O'Brien

EWDurbin

TDI
:|
Sign-up Roster

1. Blacksheep
2. Derrel H Green
3. boutmuet
4. Ichi511
5. John Jackson
6. Camarones
7. Michael O'Brien
8. EWDurbin

mtngk

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 2dr ALH and the 2000 Jeep TDI-TJ
Sign-up Roster

1. Blacksheep
2. Derrel H Green
3. boutmuet
4. Ichi511
5. John Jackson
6. Camarones
7. Michael O'Brien
8. EWDurbin
9. mtngk

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Was at V.W. Paradise in San Marcos looking for parts, and got to talking to the parts counter guy, and he really wanted me to drop off a flyer and post it at there store. So I dropped one off today.

www.vwparadise.com incase anyone wants parts or service. They do great work and had lots of vdubs at the shop....

Last edited:

Jaynen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GL TDI
What is their level of familiarity with TDI's?

Sign-up Roster

1. Blacksheep
2. Derrel H Green
3. boutmuet
4. Ichi511
5. John Jackson
6. Camarones
7. Michael O'Brien
8. EWDurbin
9. mtngk
10.Jaynen

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Jaynen said:

Sign-up Roster

1. Blacksheep
2. Derrel H Green
3. boutmuet
4. Ichi511
5. John Jackson
6. Camarones
7. Michael O'Brien
8. EWDurbin
9. mtngk
10.Jaynen
Mine is close to zero, I just drive the darn thing and try to fix some of the issues I find. Last one was get a better front bumper cover and install a better gear shift boot. At the last GTG, got some help to fix a door handle issue. Simple fix and has worked for months. Super to have somebody guide me with a simple fix (once you know how to do it).

To me, that is the best thing when car nuts get together.

This time, hope to get some information/help to get the seats sliding better. Also know I will find much more than this about the TDI.

By the way, the city park site is not a good place for any heavy wrenching. It is right on Mission Bay, heavy wrenching will attract attention and the city police. Real light stuff - OK. Just keep it cool, like we all know how to do.

Camarones

Veteran Member
TDI
Jaynen said:
I used them several times with my MK4 TDI but it was always for a non-TDI specific problem. The did some electrical repairs, replaced a damaged oil pan, replaced CV boots, brakes and some other random things. Nice guys and honest, but I can't tell you how they are with the biggies like a TDI timing belt job. For that I used the gurus and Wild Rose.

They also have a coupon occasionally in the local pennysaver or similar mailer.

Jaynen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GL TDI
I have an AC compressor issue, I think it's going bad it causes a warble especially at idle, and when I do suspension I might have someone do the front's and do the much easier rears myself. Just would be nice to not have to go up to LA for those things

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Did my front a rear 3 years ago with koni's and it was not too hard. Was done it about 2 1/2 hours? Besides having to remove/rebuild the subframe, stupid glued on nuts!

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
My only issue was when I put in my tt bushings, taking the lower control arm off, the bolt the is in the inside of the subframe fell off! Then did the research and found out that there only glued on with heat. I had no other way to put my car back together, so I dropped the whole sub frame off to a welder, had him cut it open, and weld them both on permenently! Problem solved for good!

Not so much about suspension install, but then again, while ur at it, might as well take care of the bushings and what not.

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I'm 95% that I will be there.

Sign-up Roster

1. Blacksheep
2. Derrel H Green
3. boutmuet
4. Ichi511
5. John Jackson
6. Camarones
7. Michael O'Brien
8. EWDurbin
9. mtngk
10.Jaynen
11. Got Bearings? - Noel

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
We are at about a dozen participants right now. More than enough for a nice GTG. Anyone else in San Diego, Orange or L.A. county want to come down for a day by Mission Bay?

We have BBQ, Beverages, good company, and GREAT WEATHER all the time. Hey, it is San Diego.

JJ

Camarones

Veteran Member
TDI
john.jackson9213 said:
We are at about a dozen participants right now. More than enough for a nice GTG. Anyone else in San Diego, Orange or L.A. county want to come down for a day by Mission Bay?

We have BBQ, Beverages, good company, and GREAT WEATHER all the time. Hey, it is San Diego.

JJ
I've put the word out directly to a few people I've met over the years and directed them to this thread, so we'll see if any of them sign up.

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Getting closer to the date! Weather.com says 60% chance of rain :(... Who cares, I will still be there....with my rain coat on. I have good tires for the rain!

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
I don't see anyone listed for bringing plates, utensils, napkins, and cups. I'll put this on my list unless anyone has claimed it.

Rain or shine, I'll be there. It seems that I'm going to need to fill up my tank a bit early so as to not run out on the drive home unless anyone know of a B20 stop nearby...

As for things to do, I'm overdue for a brake fluid change. Anyone want to help out? What do I need to bring? Suggestions on which brake fluid I should get?

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
I will brink my brake booster flush kit. I would get some blue brake fluid from bleach bora so when we flush, we will know when the old fluid is out. I need to do mine too! Riceeater is on the list for one, I will add you as well and try to get mine done before the gtg.

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Main Page/Flyer including directions and maps updated! Any comments or changes, I might make the maps larger.....

Edit: Updated again!

Last edited:

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Me too! Weather changed for the better! 20% chance rain instead of 60! I updated the flyer and map. Should be all done. Will update for utensils!