10% discount at VW dealer by showing TDIClub card.

LarryLymb

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Wagon 2003 Mojave Beige, 5 speed
Today at VW of Fort Myers, I received 10% discount on parts by asking if they gave a discount to TDIClub members. I gave them a card and had $20 taken off my bill. I also had two seat heat switch recalls done and got a new radio installed under warranty in two hours time. 100 miles to 50,000! I also passed out TDIClub cards to employees there.

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
A dealer not only acknowledging the TDIClub...but also honoring it's existance? Someone please check to see if hell really is freezing over!!!

Mikey

LarryLymb

Veteran Member
TDI
Grob, What's your point other than stealing the thread to brag about your car? How many dealers have you talked to about a discount for TDI members?

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
Aristocrat in Orlando does the same thing except I don't show them any cards... They know me well enough there

04Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
09 MKV Sportwagen
Amazing, I bought a Golf tdi from those guys a couple of years ago. One of the worst buying experiences of my life. You think you've negotiated a price, but then they try to squeeze you for more. They don't consider the negotiations over even after you've left with the car. They called me several times saying a mistake was made and I owed more money. No, I have found only Naples VW to be worse. In their case I've tried twice to buy cars from them and twice they would not sell them.

So, the last VW I bought I had to drive to the East coast to Miami, it went fine. Esserman was the name of the dealer.

Why do they have to make it so difficult to buy a car in Naples/Fort Meyers? They must think we are all rich and willing to pay whatever they ask.

By the way, I saw the new Jetta TDI's at Fort Myers yesterday. They have an extra window sticker on them. It says "market adjustment $1500.00" Incidently, that adjustment is up in price, not down.

LarryLymb

Veteran Member
TDI
I also tried to buy from Fort Myers VW (twice), from Naples VW and from CharlotteVW. I ended up buying two from the internet manager at Schumacher VW in West Palm Beach. Ordered each and had good experience, other than long wait, but got what I wanted.