Anybody willing to lend a hand , to help out a member

Your choice of beer as compensation

Car in question will be on a hoist and have access to air ,

March 28th that weekend most likely.

TDIPWR33

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 TDI MK3
Anything like this I would just pay someone. You can find a shop to do it for a few hundred bucks.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Tdipwr33. Everyone has an opinion, few hundred is a lot of beer, and you miss out on the satisfaction of doing the job yourself. Each to his own.

RikAmirnov

Banned
TDI
98 Käfer
Lol just looking for leading a hand not using both hands , ( a little bit of assistance or guidance if you will )

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Its not a hard job, I had my trans out in 90 minutes by myself. Hour to get the new clutch in and torque'd, couple hours to get it all bolted back up. I'd help direct you what to take off next, but you're too far away and Im busy on Saturday lol

dieselsipper

Veteran Member
I'd love to help as I'm looking to do my own clutch in the near future. I'm busy every weekend into may. The only thing to fear is not being able to drive to work monday morning. If you've got a backup plan, take your time and it will turn out fine.

RikAmirnov

Banned
TDI
98 Käfer
so got to the clutch today after a whirlwind of bad luck... even more was ready to drop the transmission when at the bottom saw oil are bell housing, ( 9:10 pm ) Rear main seal, post on forum looking for one, post at 9:44pm rear main seal 5mins from garage... didnt see post until 11:00pm and wrapped up

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Scamming behaviour, though he did seem (after a lot of denial) that he was moving toward making amends.

He sold a manifold that was JB-welded and painted black as "pristine", and sold a head as in good shape, which arrived with impact marks on one cylinder and no cam caps. He played off the head as not his fault, as he shipped it from some shop, and never actually laid eyes on it.

The ban hammer fell when he started to get abusinve with members that were calling him out in the vendor accountability thread.