16785/P0401/001025 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System: Insufficient Flow Detect

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
2010 Jetta tdi this code but intermmitent anyone have any ideas where to look for the problem? The car has 84000 miles on it.

T-MILLS

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
This is the write up that i did on replacing my intake manifold: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=381933&highlight=p2015

There is a picture in there of the EGR before i cleaned it. I would assume that the valve coming from the connecting pipe is probably gummed up from all that soot that get put through there. The replacement procedures would be similar except you would need to clean/replace the EGR valve if that was the culprit. I got the testing procedures from another member for the intake and he pulled it from alldata so maybe you can find something on there to test the EGR valve. Hopefully that helps out a little.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
T-MILLS Thank you for that thread it is very informative but I hope I don't have to do that just yet. How many miles on your car when you did the manifold? I will definitlly bookmark your link in case I need it.

T-MILLS

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I started getting the code around 88-89,xxx and changed around 90-91,xxx. I cant remember off hand, but you might be able to get away with not taking the manifold off since thats not your problem. I believe on the bottom of the throttle valve there is 2 short bolts holding it onto the EGR and a long one that goes through the EGR and connects to the intake manifold. And then there is two more holding the EGR to the intake manifold.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
The code came back but it says intermittent and I have about 85000 miles that's why I asked. Yes I do see a way to remove the valve without taking the manifold off I am just hoping a good cleaning will fix it.