my lights dont come on when i open door?

bowlerman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta tdi black
my interior lights dont come on now when i open my drivers side door with my 2001 jetta tdi. every other door works so i know its that door. my question is how does the door know its open? i dont see any buttons or anything. is it in the door lock mechanism? i am going to check wiring in door that might be problem?

childishidealism

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-PD, 2005, Reflex Silver
I've noticed that my interior lights don't come on when you open your driver's side door either. Let me know when you get it fixed, cause it is killing me when sitting in the dark all the time.

Sorry...Good luck!

EMS

Veteran Member
There's a faq on VWVortex about it. Some of the pins in the microswitch (within the door latch assembly) need to be resoldered. You can take it apart and DIY or get e new part for about $130US i think.

maxforce

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf, 04 Jetta, 84 300SD
I sure you have checked but mine has a switch that if set all the way to the left it turns them off, right on and middle auto. Back, and map lights.

Mark Rudella

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf - Reflex Silver
Yeah it's the microswitch for sure. I was sick of it with my car and I was going to buy a new one, but then a guy backed into my driver's side door and he bought me a new one. haha