I’m TDIing Again

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
The warranty on the fuel system enticed me back into a TDI.

I drove it like the 3.6 VR6s I have (CC & Corrado) and did ok:

My past TDIs

1992 ALH TDI Corrado:

1990 AHU TDI Corrado it’s now a 3.6 VR6

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Night blue metallic is the official name.

My GTI is night blue. May as well be black for maintenance purposes, but looks great when clean, especially in bright sun, when that metallic just sparkles.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Here is what night blue looks like under the big lamp in the sky (which has been missing from the Mid-Atlantic states for about a week now):

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Nice wagon! How many miles are on it? When I bought mine last year, there was a Night Blue 6 speed, but it had a few buyers already lined up for it:(, but I like my Silk Blue GSW DSG just fine;)....

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Purchased from North Penn? They are a great dealer.
yes and they really are a great dealer.

Nice wagon! How many miles are on it? When I bought mine last year, there was a Night Blue 6 speed, but it had a few buyers already lined up for it:(, but I like my Silk Blue GSW DSG just fine;)....

It had just under 20k miles, now it’s probably has a little over 21k miles after driving down to savannah and back. To grab a 3.6 long block and to hit european experience.

Hmm time to buy two new tires:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I forgot to add my first impression of driving the car.

The mk7 is not nearly as luxurious or solid feeling as my 2010 3.6 4motion CC but with that having been said the DSG TDI combo is one of the best automatic transmissions I have ever driven. It always felt like it was in the right gear and I liked how it would run the highest gear possible to get mpg when in D (didn’t really try S all that much).

I’m no audiophile but the fender sound system is GREAT. Blows away my CC’s Bose or whatever factory upgrade system it has.

The sunroof is one of those things that I don’t hate or love. I do like how it actually opens when compared to my CC which only pops open.

The wipers and their sensors did a pretty good job of being at the right tempo until I put my rainX on and I left them off.

I like mk7’s rear seat release and I say that after having owned a 2013 Honda Pilot with GREAT rear seat release.

There is an inset window on the display when I first put it in reverse. That’s a little annoying but I’m certain once I read the manual I’ll figure it out.

I wish I could display the adblue level and tire pressure. In the MFA. I do like the MFA mpg options, that’s a nice touch and I’ve had an MFA in my VWs since buying my first corrado in 1995.

The suspension and low profile tires is a little harsh and I know my wife who will be driving this will want it smoother so I’m on the lookout for some 17” bbs RCs or BBS RYs to give her a hair more sidewall.

I’ve thought about lifting it and doing a GTI bumper.

I also need to install a full side spare and follow the trick for doubling up the plastic threaded pieces with a pvc pipe[emoji106]

That’s my mod list for now.

The car was originally from Georgia and was serviced and probably turned in back in December.

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
The suspension and low profile tires is a little harsh and I know my wife who will be driving this will want it smoother so I’m on the lookout for some 17” bbs RCs or BBS RYs to give her a hair more sidewall.
Don't stop at 17's. Go to 16" rims and enjoy the comfortable ride and utilize a less expensive tire. I ditched the cool looking 18's that came on my car for 16's and have never looked back. Sold the 18's to some turkey on vortex and it almost paid for the new tire and rim switch The suspension would love the change to Koni FSD's, but that is a different story.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Don't stop at 17's. Go to 16" rims and enjoy the comfortable ride and utilize a less expensive tire. I ditched the cool looking 18's that came on my car for 16's and have never looked back. Sold the 18's to some turkey on vortex and it almost paid for the new tire and rim switch The suspension would love the change to Koni FSD's, but that is a different story.
Do you have a pic of the new setup? Also what offset did u get? And how flush do they set?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Oh and for those on the fence about buying a TDI, this was the cherry to top it off after my buying experience, the salesman brought this to me:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...I wish I could display the adblue level and tire pressure...
The TPMS on the MK VII does not use wheel mounted pressure sensors. It uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to detect a low tire.

...The suspension and low profile tires is a little harsh and I know my wife who will be driving this will want it smoother so I’m on the lookout for some 17” bbs RCs or BBS RYs to give her a hair more sidewall...
I second MichaelB's suggestion of going with 16s. My BBS VZ wheels are 7½" wide vs the stock 17s, which were 7" and the wagon handles GREAT without the harsh ride!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks guys[emoji106]

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That ALH Corrado is so sweet. Enjoy the GSW.

Thanks that was a long fun project, I keep in close contact with the owner's son who has a diesel truck shop in NC.

Does anybody know if the jetta sportwagen rear cargo mat will fit in the Golf? There is one listed forsale as a 2015 Jetta sportwagen (I know this doesn't exist) nearby and I want to know if its worth my time. Thanks

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Weathertech number for the 2015 GSW cargo mat is 40776. It may be on the mat.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah that’s what I was noticing

cek1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL
I drove that car at NP a few weeks ago. Nice ride. Good luck with it. Great color!