DC Metro Area recommended dealerships for recall work?

Coolfax

TDI
2010 Golf TDI, 6mt, 4 dr
There are a couple recalls out there for TDIs. Can anyone recommend a DC area dealership to have these recall services performed?

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
I had good success with King VW in Gaithersburg (Montgomery County) MD when it came to recalls. I wouldn't use them for regular repair work (typical stealership prices) but for recalls they always did a fine job.

Coolfax

TDI
2010 Golf TDI, 6mt, 4 dr
I had good success with King VW in Gaithersburg (Montgomery County) MD when it came to recalls. I wouldn't use them for regular repair work (typical stealership prices) but for recalls they always did a fine job.
Many thanks for the reply. I'll give them a call.

I see you had a 2014 Golf TDI that you sold back to VW. I'm considering either having the engine update performed or selling my 2010 Golf TDI back to VW. It's got 146k miles, I really like the car. Do you know anyone who's had the fix done? I'm wondering how it affects performance, mileage, and lifespan of the vehicle.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=481331

Most everyone I knew took the buyback. The thread above should give you the info you're looking for. I was planning on keeping the car but then got engaged and had to pay for a wedding. So VW paid for it lol. The warranty after the fix is pretty sweet if you decide to keep it.