New Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon To Get 4-Cylinder Diesel

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
New Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon To Get 4-Cylinder Diesel

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.d...7/diesels-add-fuel-to-truck-war#axzz2d5Or41mo

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...7/diesels-add-fuel-to-truck-war#ixzz2dO3D8Djd

Next up: General Motors, which is readying plans to offer a diesel in the next-generation Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon mid-sized pickups, three people familiar with GM's plans told Automotive News. The redesigned pickups are slated to get a version of GM's 2.5-liter or 2.8-liter, four-cylinder Duramax turbodiesels, which power the Colorado in overseas markets. The diesel option will be added to the U.S. lineup about a year after the fall 2014 launch of the redesigned trucks, the sources say.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
$3730 is the price for diesel in Chevrolet Colorado

The diesel-powered Chevrolet Colorado will be priced from about $31,700 to $38,700, including destination charge, when it debuts this fall.
Chevy will offer the 2.8-liter Duramax diesel in mid- and upper-trim LT and Z71 crew cab models, in both two-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive configurations, General Motors said today. The diesels will be offered at a $3,730 premium to those models equipped with a 3.6-liter V-6 engine.
source is Automotive News

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
Massive over price for a diesel v Gas. Same engine used by Jeep in ROW Wrangler.

Don't think GM is helping the diesel cause with this or their Cruze which I think was cancelled.

Last edited:

vwgtiglx

TDI
2014 2.0 TD Chevy Cruze
Massive over price for a diesel v Gas. Same engine used by Jeep in ROW Wrangler.

Don't think GM is helping the diesel cause with this or their Cruze which I think was cancelled.
The Cruze diesel was not cancelled, only delayed production until the 2017 models come out. The diesel engine in the 2017 models will be upgraded.

VWannabe

Veteran Member
Funny how anti-diesel GM is introducing diesels again into their lineup. First the Cruze and now this. Ford needs to get in on the act and give us the Focus diesel and the new Ranger diesel.

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I talked with a Ford rep at the Oshkosh airshow....they had a huge display and asked about diesels in small cars....he said their focus is on the ecoboost engines....i said that is too bad.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Ranger

Funny how anti-diesel GM is introducing diesels again into their lineup. First the Cruze and now this. Ford needs to get in on the act and give us the Focus diesel and the new Ranger diesel.
Ranger may once again be sold here and with a diesel.