02M and LSDs???

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
ok doing another 6spd swap and build, it's been many years since i did one of these and forgot everything. i live in CT and will drive this in the winter so i think the wavetrac is best?

i know one of them will spin both wheels even if one is off the ground.

is this a decent kit and website or not really?
https://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=224

InfoSec

Veteran Member
IMO, the Wavetrac works best in the snow. I've had mine in my 02m in operation for about 60K miles since the Spring of '15, so that's 3 winters now... no issues. Major traction up a fairly steep grade in my neighborhood w/ snows on it. Sold my 335d because it couldn't make it up the hill in the wintertime. Dumb decision to sell it, but the little '03 hasn't let me down, yet.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
IMO, the Wavetrac works best in the snow. I've had mine in my 02m in operation for about 60K miles since the Spring of '15, so that's 3 winters now... no issues. Major traction up a fairly steep grade in my neighborhood w/ snows on it. Sold my 335d because it couldn't make it up the hill in the wintertime. Dumb decision to sell it, but the little '03 hasn't let me down, yet.

that's what i thought, i'm at the point like ehhhhh do i want to spend like 1100 on wavetrac/bolts and such.... or get this pelquin for $880 complete.

USP motor sports still owes me $200 so i was going to get a wavetrac from them.

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Got a Wavetrac on my work bench waiting for a window for me to pull my transmission. Can't wait to try it out!

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
Just had one fitted here in the uk, not one wheel spin in 4 weeks on wet days. So impressed, corners like on rails. Under steer is a thing of the past����

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Just had one fitted here in the uk, not one wheel spin in 4 weeks on wet days. So impressed, corners like on rails. Under steer is a thing of the past����

well...... it's only money so i guess i'll have to get one :(