Looking for guidance

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
I’ve been made an acceptable offer of my 2015 Pasat. I have already completed both stages of repair so, financially, no money is left on the table. I really enjoy my diesel engine and have decided I will move to the Porsche Cayenne with the 3.0 TDI. I checked the website and see it does not register as having a fix but I will check under to hood for stickers. Aside from that, anything I should be aware of when filing a claim this late in the game? Will it hold true that Bosch will send funds after I have the repair done on this one? Have I missed anything?

Sorry but I did not turn up anything on a search of the forum and there isn’t a place for Porsche. I appreciate any insight.

Drive safe.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Are you purchasing the Porsche Cayenne from a private party, or from a used car lot, or from a dealer?

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I'm not familiar with the 3.0L TDI settlements T&C's, but I thought any licensed dealer cannot sell at VW TDI unless it has completed the necessary emissions modifications (in the case of the Gen 3 EA288 2.0L engines, after Phase 1 has already been completed).

I would think the 3.0L engines have similar settlement agreement T&Cs, but would be best for someone with a better background on the 3.0L TDI to address the question.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I'm not familiar with the 3.0L TDI settlements T&C's, but I thought any licensed dealer cannot sell at VW TDI unless it has completed the necessary emissions modifications (in the case of the Gen 3 EA288 2.0L engines, after Phase 1 has already been completed).

I would think the 3.0L engines have similar settlement agreement T&Cs, but would be best for someone with a better background on the 3.0L TDI to address the question.

That is not correct, in the case of 3rd party dealers. I’d move forward on the Cayenne, doing all my research before the point of sale.

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
Unfortunately, it was already repaired. I will just have to keep an eye out for one that isn't, if they are still around. Thanks for the information.

Drive safe.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Unfortunately, it was already repaired. I will just have to keep an eye out for one that isn't, if they are still around. Thanks for the information.

Drive safe.
I think you'll need to find a private seller and even then it's going to be hit and miss given the financial incentives for people to do phase 1.