Need Previous Registration?

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I uploaded my forms to the website recently, and today I was notified that VW wants my "Previous Registration". I asked via chat what that meant and was told that I need to provide proof that the car was registered in my name from 9/18/15 to 6/28/16. (It's not clear to me if I need to proivde proof for that entire period, or just any date during that period.)

Has anyone else had to do this, and if so how did you provide such proof? All I have is my current registration.

Thanks!

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
What'st the best way to deal with this? Any advice?

thanks

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
is the car salvaged? when did you obtain ownership of the car?

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Car is not salvaged. I've owned it since I bought it new from VW late 2011. VW explained this to me via chat on the website. I will try to call the phone number next (probably not today)

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I spoke with a rep on the VWGoA site and she said that I have to provide proof of registration for the 9/18/15 - 6/28/16 period.

Time for a trip to a NJMVC office to get this. Not happy.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
I would try sending them a copy of a CarFax report first as it should have relevant information listed. Most car dealers will have a subscription. Kindly ask your local VW dealership if they will print you a copy of the report, hopefully they are willing to help. If you're the original owner, maybe send a copy of the bill of sale as well.

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Thanks for the suggestion. I just mailed in a request to the NJ Motor Vehicles Commission for a registration report (I spoke with someone from NJMVC on the phone and he pointed me to the applcialbe form on the NJMVC's website). I'll try this first.

I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to start this process.

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Received info from the NJMVC in the mail and uploaded it today. Hopefully this will satisfy VW.

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
VW has notified me that my documents are complete. Glad to be over that hump.

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Received my offer letter today. That's a relief. (I'm actually reconsidering selling this back to VW. I may have the repair done instead, and give this car to my daughter.)

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I accepted the settlement offer and scheduled an appointmen to turn in my car in early September.

Last edited: