Hotel Room Sharing

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I've already been asked about this, so I'll go ahead and start a thread for it.

Post here if you have a hotel room that you'd like to share. People who are looking for rooms are encouraged to contact those people with rooms available directly through Private Messages. If you have found someone to share your room with, please edit your original post to reflect this.

FYI, the $99/night rate is good for 1 or 2 people per room. There is a $25 charge for each additional person with a maximum of 4 people per room.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I will be looking to Split a room with someone.(or 3) Matt, Mark, Eric? you guys game again this year?

Looking for arrival Friday night, Leave Monday morning

no snoring plz, /me loox at the hammering of oils...I'm still trying to catch up from the autoshow weekend :D

Last edited:

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok, I have a room for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. If anyone wants to share with me (and can put up with my Snoring :D), let me know either here or by PM...

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

TDI
jettafock said:
im looking to share a room fri-sun. nights.
Do you have a room that you'd like to share, or are you trying to room with someone else?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have not booked a room but I will share with anyone that is hard of hearing and hard of smelling.

(I snore like a Cummins ISB with straight pipes, and fart like mid-'60s Chevy V8 overfueling with a stuck choke). :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That's just delightful! I'm sure you'll get lots of volunteers, oilhammer! ;)

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
oilhammer said:
Yeah, I bet I could blast a plug from my bunghole clean through the walls into the next room. :D
:eek: Remind me not to get an adjacent room.....:eek:.... ROFL

MrVermin

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
No longer needing a roommate. The poor bastard that's agreed hopefully is unable to smell beer farts.!!

Any of the above still looking for a roommate? I'm registered for the fest and would be happy to share a room.

Steve

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Oh BOY again will Mr. Big be in attendance?

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI 5-Speed, Reflex Silver
i'm looking to split a room. i haven't made a reservation yet but i'm planning on being down there from thursday night to sunday night.

unitacx

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf
I'll split a room, Fri, Sat, Sun nights.

Non smoking (I mean the people; not the car).

I have to change the room reservation to 2 beds, but that shouldn't be a problem.
- stan

202-456-1111

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
For those who wish to share: Please be aware of the commitment of a minimum number of room*nights the organizers need to assure the halls (registration room, meet&greet, brunch, banquet) are complimentary.
If the agreed number of TDIFest room*nights isn't met there is the possibility that a fee for use of the halls will be tacked back on the event bill, reducing the amount remaining to forward to Fred for the web site operation.

If you are a starving-artist type, or a live-on-your-own student with nothing but a low-pay summer intern 'job', and really can't afford the $100 a night on your own, then ask away.
But If you could afford a room on your own, and are offering to share with another that could with just as little sacrifice afford their own room, please re-consider sharing.

Remember that ONLY reservations made under the TDIFest will count towards this number. Staying at the event hotel, but making the reservation through a different group, doesn't help TDIClub.
If you really need to save $10/night by using a AAA or AARP reservation, you really can't afford to stay at the event hotel. There are RedRoof and Motel6 that are more suited to that budget. The savings of a lower priced chain will allow you to help the club by leaving you even more of your money to bid higher on the auction items and buying more raffle tickets instead.
Remember: The $10 you save yourself might mean reducing the amount turned over to the club by tens of hundreds of dollars.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Again Lug is right.

We do the Fest so Fred has the funds to keep the site UP and AD FREE.

It is our generosity that keeps TDIclub the best.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Very well-put, Lug Nut. That sums the situation up very well. I should find out today where we stand as far as our room-nights.

Last edited: