Help make my 2005 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI go faster!

vwheadcase

TDI
2005 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI
I dont know much about this stuff but as i have been hearing much about these Mann ProVent CCV Filter Systems i would like to know if anyone has experienced the effect of one on a 2005 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI, and if they can suggest a place to buy them.

If this is not a suggested install what would you do to this car to get more speed and power.

Thanks in advance
Jhon

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
They're so new and rare that there's very few people who have tried to modify them. I'm surprised you want to do something like that to an already potent engine! 300 hp, somewhere in the vicinity of 500 ft-lbs of torque. You could probably get good gains from chip-tuning alone, but I wouldn't have a clue who might have a chip for the V10 TDIs yet.

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
DieselPower

The Mann Pro-vent is not something that will improve your performance with the V10 TDI It is merely a device which will separate the oil from the crankase vapours being introduced back into the intake manifold. The Pro-vent works well because without oil going back into the intake manifold the soot particles from the EGR system have a harder time sticking together and and building-up inside the intake and causing a restriction to the free flowing movement of air going into the engine.

We offer the Digi-PD 10 for the TDI V10 Touareg which will give you an additional 30% HP and Torque.

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
vwheadcase said:
I dont know much about this stuff but as i have been hearing much about these Mann ProVent CCV Filter Systems i would like to know if anyone has experienced the effect of one on a 2005 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI, and if they can suggest a place to buy them.

If this is not a suggested install what would you do to this car to get more speed and power.

Thanks in advance
Jhon
Have you read this thread about the V10 Touregs dominating up Pikes Peak? It seems that all they did to those cars was to add proper tyres and a few stickers!

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=144262&highlight=pikes+peak+toureg

Truly inspiring. Maybe the weight of your car gives the impression of need for greater speed. Forgive my two cents, but have you tried using the accelerator pedal a little more aggressively? Otherwise, you might check through these threads to see what problems tend to make the rest of these TDI's sluggish (MAF, clogged fuel filter, etc.).

Enjoy your great automobile. In my humble opinion, cars like that, truly great cars like that, only come along every once in a while in automotive history!

PS: I like that Diesel Power post earlier in this thread... 30% more horsepower than 320?! Or, check around to see if you can upgrade your fuel injector nozzles (Jeff at Rocketchip would know, or maybe the guy at Kerma.)

Last edited:

will360655

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Passat
I am almost positive that Jeff at Rocket Chips makes/has chips for the v10, or atleast I think that he said something about it before when I was at his house. And of course, we all know Jeff is the rocket man.

Will

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
will360655 said:
I am almost positive that Jeff at Rocket Chips makes/has chips for the v10, or atleast I think that he said something about it before when I was at his house. And of course, we all know Jeff is the rocket man.
And on top of that V10 uses the same injectors as 1.9L so ask KermaTDI how much for a set of 10 of them...

That should be way enough...

leebo

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2004 Touareg V10 TDI
will360655 said:

Will
I wrote inquiring about a possible V10 chip(s), but haven't heard back.

Tickbait

Requiescat In Pace
TDI
None
Have you thought about one of those coffee-can style exhaust tips? I'm thinking either that or an erector style wing (atleast a two-story version) should do the trick?

If neither of these seem to give you the punch you're looking for - I recommend maybe some neon and racing decals. :)

John

alayos

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi
and a jesus air freshener would definately be good for about 20 hp ;)

o by the way is the v10 tdi avaliable to us americans? (not that i have the 60k to drop on such a fine auto)

i would up the nozzel size by one measure (check with kerma.com) and then have a rocket chip put in.... then your v10 will be balls to the wall :)

Last edited:

tdipower4me

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta
well remember when i was getting rocketchipped at jeff's just for the hell of it i asked about chipping a v10 tdi and asked him how much it cost he said it was like 1100 because there are two ecu's to chip but don't quoye me on the price...... oh and i asked if he ever chupped a v10 tdi and he said no but he did chip v6 tdi's in europe.