www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old April 18th, 2018, 09:18   #1
Judson
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2001 Jetta
Default MK4 side mirror upgrade - turn signal, power folding, puddle lights possible?

Hey folks -

Anybody know if there's an upgrade out there that has all these features for a MK4? I'd love to have something that looks sharp, especially with a turn signal and a puddle light. Power folding ones are of lower importance to me, and it's been covered here already: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...folding+mirror

I've done some research and it appears pretty complicated, and over at the 'tex the links to the pics are broken thanks to Instagram, so the information is very very incomplete. The closest I've found is a MK5 into a MK4 thing over at black forest industries, but the product is no longer available.

TIA!

Jud.
2001 Jetta TDI, converted to manual, black leather/red stiching, PP520s, rc4, franko6 cam, 11mm pump, VNT 17, PD150 intake, EGR/cooler delete, 2.5" Buzzken exhaust, PD150 clutch/flywheel, DRW six-speed, Eurojet intercooler, 3bar MAP, FIS Cluster, Cupra bushings, Koni Reds/stock springs, Alpine iLX-207, foglights, Indiglo boost gauge, Longbeach wheels, Euro wood steering wheel, lift pump, Gentex autodim/homelink mirror.

Last edited by Judson; April 18th, 2018 at 09:26.
Judson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2018, 10:22   #2
RexNICO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

I've had visions of doing similar (w/ priority on side auto-dim) for years and have collected many parts (sold some off), but never got too far.

I have had the following complete assemblies & some car side harness pieces ...
Passat B5.5 power folding w/ turn signal covers, may still have a set somewhere
MK5 w/ turn signal covers, may still have a set somewhere
MK6 w/ turn signal covers, may still have a set somewhere
Audi A6/C6 power folding w/ puddle lights, may still have a set somewhere
Audi allroad/C5 power folding w/ auto-dim function, may still have a set somewhere
Audi A4/B6 power folding w/ auto-dim function, may still have a set somewhere
Audi A4/B5 w/ auto-dim function, may still have a set somewhere

Somewhere in the garage (moved last Nov) should be a box with 12-14 sets of side mirrors, if I can ever get out into the garage to go through the boxes I might be able to help you with some parts.

Wish I could be more help

Last edited by RexNICO; April 18th, 2018 at 10:28.
RexNICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 07:29   #3
Judson
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2001 Jetta

Thanks RexNICO.

The only thing I've found now is a MK5 look for MK4s, with integrated turn signals, from BFI:

https://store.blackforestindustries....gomkmicle.html

No power folder, no puddle lights, but at least it's something.
2001 Jetta TDI, converted to manual, black leather/red stiching, PP520s, rc4, franko6 cam, 11mm pump, VNT 17, PD150 intake, EGR/cooler delete, 2.5" Buzzken exhaust, PD150 clutch/flywheel, DRW six-speed, Eurojet intercooler, 3bar MAP, FIS Cluster, Cupra bushings, Koni Reds/stock springs, Alpine iLX-207, foglights, Indiglo boost gauge, Longbeach wheels, Euro wood steering wheel, lift pump, Gentex autodim/homelink mirror.

Last edited by Judson; April 20th, 2018 at 07:34.
Judson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 13:30   #4
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2017 to end of April 2018

Just a thought, my 2015 Passat has the puddle lights in the bottom of the doors.
Maybe do something like that?
Old April 20th, 2018, 16:17   #5
RexNICO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

I’m pretty sure one of the sets I have with the integrated turn signals also has an indentation on the bottom the same shape as the puddle light on the A6/C6.

It’s definitely going to be a frankstien creation to get the things you want.
RexNICO is offline   Reply With Quote