2003 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI

Skahdt

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
Selling my 03 Jetta Wagon with 159k miles in Oakland, CA
View the craigslist at with photos and the like at: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5908050409.html
Asking $7,650. PRICE HAS BEEN LOWERED due a stripped plug on the oil pan found during an oil change. The pan will likely need to be replaced at one of the next few oil changes.

Features:
-Power moon roof
-Premium sound package with CD player AND cassette player (end of an era!)
-Real leather interior with front heated seats (excellent condition, I kept covers over them)
-Front and back, side, curtain airbags.
-All weather floor mats and cargo area protector
-FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE
-Front and back reading lamps
-Heated mirrors
-Viton fuel lines
-Cruise control
-Roof rack (this Thule cross bars available)
-Tilt and telescoping steering wheel
-Anti-theft alarm
-2 previous owners (including myself)
-fold flat rear seats

Upgrades and recent/important repairs include:
-Atlas aluminum skid plate (VERY IMPORTANT for longevity, protects oil pan and the like from rocks, ice, debris, and parking curbs, a $400 value installed)
-New Clutch at 132,186
-New BILSTIEN touring shocks (front and back) at 142,753
-NewTiming belt, water pump, front gasket at 99,530
-New Fuel Injection pump at 126,800 miles
-New Serpentine Belt/tensioner, and Alternator at 146,375
-Alignment at 142,753
-New set of Micheline Premier tires at 149,795
-BRAND NEW Oil, fuel, air, and cabin air filter change at 159,274.
-Brake fluid flush at 159,280
-Tinted windows-35% in back, 70% in front (legal amount that is barely noticable but protects UV rays)

PDF records available of nearly all repair work.

RESPOND VIA CRAIGSLIST WILL GET A QUICKER REPLY, but I will also check this forum.

Last edited:

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Welcome to the club.
Funny, I simotainiously saw this add AND the craigslist add, both are open on my computer as I type.
Interested in knowing more about the car, but price is a concern, and I hope you are willing to negotiate?
Please PM me, I will also answer your add on craigslist, but would prefer further communication here on the TDI club.
My fist two concerns and a question or two: You stated "New Timing belt, water pump, front gasket at 99,530" And yet the car (according to the photo on craigslist) has 159,286 miles on it. That isn't a "New" timing belt, it has 59,756 miless on it and is either overdue for a chance or on the edge of needing a new one. My experience is with B4 model TDI's, the generation before yours, so I don't remember the exact replacement schedule off the top of my head, and it also depends on years it's been on the car (belts have mileage schedules as well as year schedules.) Who did the work? Do you have all receipts, etc, etc. It's 3:55 in the morning and I would like to ask a lot more, but I also need sleep.
BTW the VIN number on craigslist does not pull up any information, it's either missing a number or is incorrect.
I'm in LA. Please get back to me. Thanks
PS Sending you a DM on the club too.

tdi-eyed

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta Wagon
I was able to do a a carfax from license plate (CL posting). The wagon's VIN is WVWSP61J93W375076; timing belt was replaced by Griffen Motorwerks in Berkeley (a good shop) in June 2013. Timing belt is 100k replacement interval (most do it before then, between 80-90k) or every 5-6 years, whichever comes first.

Skahdt

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
I was trying to say that I had a "new belt etc" put in at 99k miles. so that there wouldn't be any confusion as to the condtion of the parts installed. The interval for timing belts is 100k miles.

Sorry the last number of the VIn did not copy to craigslist. I have fixed it.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Thanks for update, will look at VIN later tonight.