Adjusting fuel pump for more power

caddycraig

TDI
mk1 caddy 1.9 mtdi (ahu)
Hi, i need help in adjusting a 300tdi land rover fuel pump.

So basically got a 1.9 Mtdi in my 88 mk1 caddy, the engine is running a Landrover 300tdi Pump. Also has a much bigger turbo, cam etc etc.

Was running great with loads of power until i had to send the pump away to get rebuilt, they obviously put it back to standard settings as it was really slow and didnt run right. ive started to adjust the 300tdi land rover pump but im only an amature at this and have got really stuck. i adjusted the fuel screw as far as it goes and i gained loads of power back but still has turbo lag and doesnt boost as high especially in low gears/ low speed. i understand i can adjust the fuel delivery with the diaphram with the ecentric cone? im not sure which way though and how far? or if i can go to far? i also know i can adjust the starwheel but again how far? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks, craig

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
I have heard of MTDI guys going back to e-TDI because every time you change the fuel screw, it messes with timing. The MTDI can be made to be very good, but it can involve constant tinkering.

Not my personal experience but it may be something to read up on.