Best PD performance cam profil

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Oh I donno, let's say I'm a little biased... I entrusted him with my life's work on TDI cams including my camshaft database, simulation results and cam specs for him to use freely in his products of his choosing.
LOL, well ok then. :cool:

So lets go unbiased, what do you think of Colt's PD cams, as I am friends with Geoff. You can PM me if you'd like. :D

I want more but also don't want to ruin the drivability of it. The powerband sucks but I know the turbo is part of that.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
LOL, well ok then. :cool:
So lets go unbiased, what do you think of Colt's PD cams, as I am friends with Geoff. You can PM me if you'd like. :D
I want more but also don't want to ruin the drivability of it. The powerband sucks but I know the turbo is part of that.
I cannot say anything, unbiased or otherwise, because I simply don't know anything about Colt cams. I'm sure Geoff is a great guy and I'll love to meet the BC gang when I move to Prince George next month. But on the merits of the cams themselves - to even attempt to be unbiased, I need data. :)

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I cannot say anything, unbiased or otherwise, because I simply don't know anything about Colt cams. I'm sure Geoff is a great guy and I'll love to meet the BC gang when I move to Prince George next month. But on the merits of the cams themselves - to even attempt to be unbiased, I need data. :)
Prince George, might as well be in Ontario, :eek: :p

What data do you need?

Tero P

TDI
Golf MK4 Estate ASZ 379hp, Passat B5.5 Estate 4motion AVF 365hp
I wasn't aware of 11mm :D I thought 10.5 was the biggest
10,5mm is biggest cam which is sale on public.

Marko has made two 11mm cams and they are "test use" here in finland.
Don't know will he ever going to make more of them.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Hmmm if the cams were released within the last year and a half or so, it might be based on my 11mm race cam profile spec. Of course, I don't know for sure because I'm not privy to Marko's product plans.

How do you like it?

Our agreement is that the everything I worked on is Marko's royalty free. My satisfaction comes in hoping people using the fruits of my labour are nothing short of delighted.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia

Well, ultimately I need my engine to be fairly reliable as well as fast, so perhaps best I don't push the cam thing too far. Dyno results have shown the 10.5 cam is doing plenty of good work, better than any cam I have had previously.

Tero P

TDI
Golf MK4 Estate ASZ 379hp, Passat B5.5 Estate 4motion AVF 365hp
Well, ultimately I need my engine to be fairly reliable as well as fast, so perhaps best I don't push the cam thing too far.
I also need reliable engine. I drove 18000km in last summer with zero issues with base engine. Pretty good for engine which make nearly 200hp/litre.